Adguard Assistant is still not working again with the latest FF v72.0.2 64bit

SpeedyPC

G'day Adguard Staff,

I've already posted this topic click here and the Adguard Assistant is not working again with the latest FF v72.0.2 64bit, I've already done a complete clean reinstall of AdGuard for Windows as advised by @Boo Berry. However, the problem is still not resolved and is not working properly.

Thank you.

Beachcomber

I'm using Adguard 7.3 (lifetime license) on a Windows 10, 64 bit system, and running Firefox 72.0.2 as a browser. I am running into a similar problem with Adguard Assistant not reloading after after I clean or disk defrag my hard drive.

My only solution was to use "Adguard Uninstall Utility" and then reload Adguard. Unfortunately after several days the Assistant dropped out again. I repeated the uninstall and re-install... and it works again. The question is... for how long?

Last edited:

myMoon

Quality Assurance / Support Commando
Staff member
Administrator
@SpeedyPC

Any other software such as Antiviruses / VPN services are installed on your PC?

What's the version of AdGuard and OS?

SpeedyPC

@SpeedyPC

Any other software such as Antiviruses / VPN services are installed on your PC?

What's the version of AdGuard and OS?
W8.1 64bit - Avast Premier v19.8.2393 - Avast SecureLine VPN v5.5.522 - Avast Secure Browser - Firefox v72.0.2 64bit - Thunderbird 64bit - MBAM Premium v4.0.4 - Adguard Premium v7.3 - CryptoPrevent Premium - Privacy Eraser

Firefox add-on
1-Click YouTube Video Downloader
Free Download Manager
Grammarly
LastPass: Free Password Manager
NoScript v11.0.13
To Google Translate
Video DownloadHelper
VT4Browsers (VirusTotal Browser Extension)

I've never had any issue with Adguard for Windows for nearly 4 years.

Boo Berry

Moderator + Beta Tester
It could be caused by an antivirus or even VPN incompatibility, which happens from time-to-time.

SpeedyPC

It could be caused by an antivirus or even VPN incompatibility, which happens from time-to-time.
Never cause this issue since I've been using Avast Antivirus for 12 years, I've been using the Avast VPN for nearly 2 years and on top of that, I've been using Firefox for 8 years.

myMoon

Quality Assurance / Support Commando
Staff member
Administrator
@speedy

Just a simple step - try to disable NoScript v11.0.13 - restart the browser and check again.

Beachcomber

Yes, I'm running Norton Internet Security and Norton Utilities... but these "should not be" the problem as I have been running them both along with Adguard for at least two years.

To refresh the topic... my issue is that Adguard Assistant does not reload after I clean my PC and/or defrag my hard drive. However, the Adguard program appears to stay installed (icon on my desktop opens the setting screen when mouse clicked) but does not block ads when the Assistant does not reload.

SpeedyPC

Everything was working again without any issues with the NoScript when I reinstalled AdGuard, I’m not sure when it going to play up again with FF.

I’ve never had any issues with AdGuard using NoScript for years, because, I’ve been using NoScript since the first version came out for years.

I’m sure the issue is coming from Firefox, because, I didn’t have any issues since v72.0.1

Boo Berry

Moderator + Beta Tester
One thing to note is that the AdGuard Assistant is about to be replaced with a native browser extension so hopefully these type of issues won't be a problem anymore. Also the issue where the Assistant doesn't appear on some websites (like Wikipedia) will no longer be a problem either, along with the service worker issues that are known about.

SpeedyPC

One thing to note is that the AdGuard Assistant is about to be replaced with a native browser extension so hopefully these type of issues won't be a problem anymore. Also the issue where the Assistant doesn't appear on some websites (like Wikipedia) will no longer be a problem either, along with the service worker issues that are known about.
So when will AdGuard release the next version? I’m guessing v7.4 maybe?? If that the case?

ram1220

I am having an issue with the https//www.dallasnews.com website. If I click on any article I get a popup that wants me to either turn off my adblocker or pay to use the site. When this happens my Adguard assistant icon is gone from the page. I am using Firefox 72.0.2. Any idea what to do here? Please do not suggest nightly or beta. They both have messed up my computer before. Nightly just do not work. Thank you.

Chinaski

Support Marine
Staff member
Administrator
It seems that this is not a Firefox problem, but the compatibility of AdGuard, VPN service, and Antivirus.
You should open AdGuard settings > Advanced > Switch-on FilterLocalhost feature.
Any changes?

SpeedyPC

It seems that this is not a Firefox problem, but the compatibility of AdGuard, VPN service, and Antivirus.
You should open AdGuard settings > Advanced > Switch-on FilterLocalhost feature.
Any changes?
Nothing happens after I reboot my laptop, means I have to reinstall AdGuard again :(