AdGuard Assistant missing on *all* HTTPS-sites

Discussion in 'Technical Support (AdGuard for Windows)' started by Larry Laffer, Nov 24, 2015.

  1. mysteriously

    mysteriously Beta Tester & Translator

    Joined:
    May 4, 2014
    Messages:
    508
    The issue did not occur lately :(
     
  2. avatar

    avatar Administrator Staff Member Administrator

    Joined:
    Oct 26, 2010
    Messages:
    13,144
  3. mysteriously

    mysteriously Beta Tester & Translator

    Joined:
    May 4, 2014
    Messages:
    508
    Seems to work fine with new version. Is it possible the same bug exists in Adguard v5?
     
  4. avatar

    avatar Administrator Staff Member Administrator

    Joined:
    Oct 26, 2010
    Messages:
    13,144
    Yep, it is possible indeed.
     
  5. mysteriously

    mysteriously Beta Tester & Translator

    Joined:
    May 4, 2014
    Messages:
    508
    The issue came back

    [​IMG]

    All logs: https://mega.nz/#!z5hWWKhT!wsZGNfarLgJ1NfFmVTTJLmszohhlwlRLA7BXUGXFUW4

    The x.db date modified is 01:58, but I have noticed the issue today (laptop was at sleep mode). Today I have noticed my external display has stopped working, so I had to log off to change DPI to 100%. So closing auto-closing Adguard at logging off didn't fix the issue.
     
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 28, 2015
  6. avatar

    avatar Administrator Staff Member Administrator

    Joined:
    Oct 26, 2010
    Messages:
    13,144
  7. mysteriously

    mysteriously Beta Tester & Translator

    Joined:
    May 4, 2014
    Messages:
    508
    Hmm, what do you think about test build to check this? :)
     
  8. avatar

    avatar Administrator Staff Member Administrator

    Joined:
    Oct 26, 2010
    Messages:
    13,144
  9. mysteriously

    mysteriously Beta Tester & Translator

    Joined:
    May 4, 2014
    Messages:
    508
    OK, thanks. Sometimes the issue didn't happen for a week, with RC build it happened twice in 2-3 days.
    No problem, it just takes time to check it
     
  10. mysteriously

    mysteriously Beta Tester & Translator

    Joined:
    May 4, 2014
    Messages:
    508
    So far so good, the assistant is present everywhere. Are there any other web pages like wikipedia when the assistant is not injected/shown?
    BTW: GUI can freeze soon after startup with this build. Yes, I know it was not supposed to be public build :)
     
  11. avatar

    avatar Administrator Staff Member Administrator

    Joined:
    Oct 26, 2010
    Messages:
    13,144
    There're some, but the list is very short and I can't remember it right now:)

    Does it "unfreeze" after that or stays frozen?
     
  12. Boo Berry

    Boo Berry Moderator + Beta Tester Moderator

    Joined:
    May 30, 2012
    Messages:
    4,214
    Maybe this is something that can be added to the filter log?
     
  13. mysteriously

    mysteriously Beta Tester & Translator

    Joined:
    May 4, 2014
    Messages:
    508
    Stays frozen as well as context menu and always on top. I think this has happened with RC too, maybe once. I'll test it on other laptop.
     
  14. avatar

    avatar Administrator Staff Member Administrator

    Joined:
    Oct 26, 2010
    Messages:
    13,144
    Yep, it should be there. We'll improve filtering log in v6.1, there're lots of things I'd like to add:
    1. More details on each request (like request headers, response headers, content length, processing timing, ALL rules applied including stealth mode, etc).
    2. A "wizard" for creating filter rules right from the filtering log.
     
  15. mysteriously

    mysteriously Beta Tester & Translator

    Joined:
    May 4, 2014
    Messages:
    508
    The missing assistant issue seems to be fixed. Hurray! Well done :)
     
  16. avatar

    avatar Administrator Staff Member Administrator

    Joined:
    Oct 26, 2010
    Messages:
    13,144
    Thanks to you:)
     
  17. mysteriously

    mysteriously Beta Tester & Translator

    Joined:
    May 4, 2014
    Messages:
    508
    Thanks :) I think this was first issue I have ever encounter with Adguard, v5. It was impossible to reproduce on demand, less websites used HTTPS by default ~1,5 year ago. I also thought this was caused by something specific for my system configuration.
    The issue occurred more often with v6. I think choosing sleep instead of PC shutdown also could help to reproduce.
    As you can see it took a while before someone reported this.
     
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 10, 2016