AdGuard Assistant Not Displaying On Many Pages After Updating To v5.10

Discussion in 'Technical Support (AdGuard for Windows)' started by Joe, Aug 27, 2014.

1. Joe

Joe New Member

I reported this before but not it's happening again. After updating to new v5.10, the Adguard Assistant is not displaying on many websites. It shows on my home page
    Google but when I go to another page, for example The New York Times website, it disappears.

I use Internet Explorer 11 and Windows 7 64-bit.
    I have use Adguard Assistant in the settings turned on.
    I did a reinstall using the repair feature but it made no difference.
    I reset all settings to default but it made no difference.
    I disabled then enabled extensions but it made no difference.

I need the Adguard Assistant to block elements.

I never had this problem with v5.9.

I submitted a support ticket.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 28, 2014
  2. Boo Berry

Boo Berry Moderator + Beta Tester Moderator

A couple of questions. What filter lists are you using? Are you using the WFP driver? Are you using Enhanced Protected Mode in Internet Explorer 11? Finally, can you post links to exact sites where this occurs? Thanks! :)

3. streetwolf

streetwolf Beta Tester

I find that the icon doesn't appear if you make the web page an exception. IMO it should still appear with an added option to un-exception the site it instead of having to do it in the filters section.

4. Joe

Joe New Member

Filter Lists:
    User
    English
    Social Media Filter

WFP Driver: Off. Technical Support had me enable it but it made no difference.

Enhanced Protected Mode in Internet Explorer 11: Off

Adguard assistant only appears in my home page: https://www.google.com/webhp?complete=0&hl=en and the Adguard website, nowhere else.

I noticed that version 5.9.1081.5529 had this entry: c:\program files (x86)\adguard\drivers\x64\nfregdrv.exe
    In version 5.10.1156.5925 it doesn't exist. Maybe that has something to do with it?

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 28, 2014
  5. avatar

avatar Administrator Staff Member Administrator

Could you please try using another browser?
    Do you assistant there?

6. Joe

Joe New Member

I installed Firefox 31.0 and the Adguard Assistant works ok on it with every website. No problem in Firefox.

7. Joe

Joe New Member

Any more ideas on how I can get the Adguard 5.10 Assistant back in Internet Explorer 11? I installed Firefox 31.0 and the Adguard Assistant works ok on it. No problem in Firefox. But it doesn’t work in Internet Explorer 11.

But I don’t like Firefox. I prefer Internet Explorer and I’m not going to change to another browser. Previous version 5.9 was working on Internet Explorer but now 5.10 does not.

8. Boo Berry

Assistant is working fine in IE11 here. Did you try clearing IE11's cache?

9. mysteriously

mysteriously Beta Tester & Translator

10. uBlast

uBlast New Member

Just updated to version 5.10 and the green badge related to assistant is no longer displaying. I use opera latest version (24) and assistant was just OK with version 5.9 of Adguard. Also, I tried to fully remove Adguard and then reinstall version 5.10, but no luck...assistant is no longer showing on any pages. So it must be something wrong with 5.10 version since I did not changed anything on the Opera browser or windows itself, just upgraded Adguard. 5.9 = OK Assistant / 5.10 = no longer showing Assistant. That simple. Im looking forward a fix to this.

11. Boo Berry

Odd, it should be working in Opera 24. What sites are you visiting? I'll download Opera 24 and give it a try.

12. mysteriously

mysteriously Beta Tester & Translator

Assistans works for me with Opera 24. Do you have any anty-virus software, browser extensions or something else what can cause conflicts? Is Opera on Adguard list (Settings -> Browsers)?

13. uBlast

uBlast New Member

I managed some tests in order to isolate the problem. The only page that Assistant showed its green badge was https://kb.adguard.com/

After that, I begun fully uninstalling AdGuard with the help of Total Uninstall, Reg Organizer and File Locator Pro to fully vanish all traces from system files and registry in order to grant a fresh clean install of Adguard 5.10

Also, totally removed Opera 24 and any related extensions and data. I downloaded and installed a fresh google chrome. Then, installed the fresh Adguard 5.10

Still, the green badge related to assistant did not show unless on https://kb.adguard.com/

After that, disabled all chrome pre-installed extensions like 'google docs' and all plugins from list:

- Adobe Flash Player - Version: 15.0.0.152
    - AdobeAAMDetect - Version: 1.0.0.0
    - Widevine Content Decryption Module - Version: 1.4.6.667
    - Chrome Remote Desktop Viewer
    - Chrome PDF Viewer
    - Native Client
    - Microsoft Office - Version: 15.0.4514.1000
    - Adobe Reader - Version: 11.0.07.79
    - Google Update - Version: 1.3.24.15
    - Intel® Identity Protection Technology - Version: 4.0.5.0
    - Java(TM) (2 files) - Version: 11.20.2.26
    - Silverlight - Version: 5.1.30514.0

Which all these disabled the Assistant showed on every page like it does on version 5.9. Then I started to re-enable the plugins.

After enable the plugin "Adobe Flash Player - Version: 15.0.0.152 - Shockwave Flash 15.0 r0" - C:\Program Files (x86)\Google\Chrome\Application\37.0.2062.120\PepperFlash\pepflashplayer.dll

The Assistant did not shown anymore. Gone. And disabling Flash, all goes OK like it was on Adguard 5.9. So, maybe then is something related to Adobe Flash? My OS is Windows 8.1 Professional x64 updated to the current day.

EDIT: Problem happened again now, and enable/disable the flash did not changed anything. Seems to be random. After close the browser (Chrome), it didn´t show the Assistant soon as opened again, then I right clicked Adguard on tray and disabled/enabled the Assistant. So it showed again. But closing the browser and opening it, the assistant is gone again. Really can´t beliebe this is something related my system. Must be something messed on this 5.10 update.

Last edited: Sep 14, 2014
  14. Oracle

Oracle New Member

With version 5.10 I cannot get the adguard assistant to open.
    The green icon displays. When I move the pointer over it
    a small adguard box expands, then when I click on that
    a large completely blank white box opens up.

Also no userscripts will function. This is my main concern
    as I was hoping to use AdGuard to run userscripts in IE.

I have tried uninstalling, resetting IE security setting, then
    reinstalling, as well as other tips I've read without success.

If this could be fixed I'd be very happy :)

Thanks

I'm using Vista, IE9, Comodo Internet Security.

15. avatar

Hello Oracle and uBlast!

Can you let me see what's going on with TeamViewer?
    It could be really helpful.

If you can send me an email to am@adguard.com.

16. avatar

@Oracle, the issue with IE9 confirmed.

Fix for Assistant is in beta-testing now.
    Will be released in a day or two.

@uBlast, I still cannot reproduce it. Hope TeamViewer will help me understand what's the problem.

17. Oracle

Oracle New Member

I am looking forward to this.

Much appreciation to you & your team.

18. uBlast

uBlast New Member

Despite of the problem related to assistant, I just realized another problem is happening. Adguard no longer runs at windows startup. I´ve checked the registry and the entry is there. Also the start with windows option os marked on Adguard. But the program does not start with windows as it has used to be. Icon does not show in tray unless I execute the program on demand. Maybe you can call me a bad luck guy, but this is so weird since all these problems don´t exist when I use the version 5.9

19. avatar

Maybe the program is running but the icon is not shown? Please check Adguard.exe process in the task manager.

Also what do you think about TeamViewer remote session?

20. uBlast

uBlast New Member

The process is not there. I need to start it manually, by my demand. I switched back to version 5.9 which does not contain any odd behaviour. I tried everything already: install the 5.10 overwriting the 5.9 and plus from a clean install. I will probably test tonight on a windows 8.1 fresh install and see how it comes. About the remote session, I will try some things still and if necessary, at last resort, I will contact you here. Again, the mistery here is how and why version 5.9 works smoothly with assistant showing on every site and running at startup without problems, but version 5.10 don´t. I didn´t changed anything on windows, so it must be something related to the changes made from 5.9 to 5.10. But why it is happening to me and no one else I can´t explain.