AdGuard Assistant not showing up on all sites

Boo Berry

Moderator + Beta Tester
I wouldn't have both Assistants enabled. In this case, I'd disable the stable version and use the beta version.

You're right though, Assistant doesn't show up on that site.

Boo Berry

Moderator + Beta Tester
Yeah, like I said I can confirm the Assistant doesn't show up there. Something for avatar to make note of. ;)

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
I've checked it. The problem is that this site has invalid HTML code (there is no <body> tag).

In such cases we do not inject Assistant code.

Dolfi

Banned
I've checked it. The problem is that this site has invalid HTML code (there is no <body> tag).
In such cases we do not inject Assistant code.
Couldn't AG just insert/append AGA code? The user can add the site to exceptions if it didn't work out (== made things worse)?

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Couldn't AG just insert/append AGA code? The user can add the site to exceptions if it didn't work out (== made things worse)?
For this particular site it will be ok.
But what if we inject our code to something like ajax response? Could be dangerous.

steve1209

Beta Tester
Hi Avatar,

Thanks for looking into this. It was strange, the new version just came out and my 1st Google search found the problem, it was strange...

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Thanks for looking into this. It was strange, the new version just came out and my 1st Google search found the problem, it was strange...
Anyway thank you! We should think more about injecting Assistant code on these invalid pages.