Adguard Assistant on the new stable Microsoft Edge

Greetings to everybody from Greece,

I have just updated my Microsoft Edge Beta, basically installed in parallel, to the new stable (chromium based) edition of Microsoft Edge. Until now i was using the beta edition of microsoft edge without having any issue with Adguard Assistant. There was the floating icon and i was happily using it!

Unfortunately now there isnt any floating icon, and i am pretty sure that there isnt any filtering done by adguard for windows except only for some native blocking that the new edge provides.

Should i wait some time to get this browser properly supported or is there any workaround.

WFP is enabled and it includes Edge.

Boo Berry

Moderator + Beta Tester
Are you using the latest AdGuard for Windows version? I just checked here, and the Assistant is appearing just fine in the stable version of the new Microsoft Edge.

Chinaski

Support Marine
Staff member
Administrator
Greetings to everybody from Greece,

I have just updated my Microsoft Edge Beta, basically installed in parallel, to the new stable (chromium based) edition of Microsoft Edge. Until now i was using the beta edition of microsoft edge without having any issue with Adguard Assistant. There was the floating icon and i was happily using it!

Unfortunately now there isnt any floating icon, and i am pretty sure that there isnt any filtering done by adguard for windows except only for some native blocking that the new edge provides.

Should i wait some time to get this browser properly supported or is there any workaround.

WFP is enabled and it includes Edge.
Hello there!
I just try to reproduce on the AdGuard 7.3 (build 3048) + Latest Microsoft Edge Legacy.

The AdGuard assistant works as expected.
Tell me, do you have third-party VPN services or antivirus installed?

Boo Berry

Moderator + Beta Tester
One thing you could try is backing up your settings and user filter and doing a full uninstall of AG for Windows (using the AG uninstall utility app) and reinstalling AG for Windows. I previously had an issue where filtering wouldn't work at all in all apps, and doing a clean reinstall fixed it.

Bastet

I’ve just purchased AdGuard for Windows I too do not see any floating widget nor does AdGuard appear to be blocking apps.
Same on Firefox.
No VPN. Using Defender & MB (pro).

Chinaski

Support Marine
Staff member
Administrator
The issue might be in the WFP driver. You need to disable it. (Network settings).
Also, you should try to switch-on the Filter Localhost feature (General > Advanced).