AdGuard Assistant

Discussion in 'Feature Requests (AdGuard for Mac)' started by Pcheezo, Jan 9, 2017.

1. Pcheezo

Pcheezo New Member

With the full app on OSX the Adguard Assistant can sometimes get in the way on webpages. It would be much better if the assistant was an icon in the Toolbar on the top of the browser and had all the same options. Or if when you clicked on the Adguard icon in the toolbar on the desktop it gave you the same options for the current webpage selected. As of right now i cant stand having the assistant on the page of my browser, but not having it there removes essential items people commonly need for when using an adblocker.

2. vasily_bagirov

vasily_bagirov Administrator Staff Member Administrator

@Pcheezo hi! Sorry for late reply. I think, integration mode is what you need. You can find detailed info here: https://adguard.com/en/adguard-adblock-browser-extension/integration-mode.html#integrationMode
    Basically, you just run Adguard extension alongside with main app as a substitute for Assistant. You can disable Assistant altogether in Adguard settings if you go for this option.

Additionally, I have to mention that you can make Adguard Assisatant icon smaller and/or move it to a different corner of the screen, if this is an acceptable solution for you.

3. Pcheezo

Pcheezo New Member

Thank you for this. I had no idea, but i the extension icon (while using Safari) doesnt change color. how am i to know integration mode is active? i have the "Use an old API instead of the Content Blocking API" unchecked in Safari preferences. i am attaching screenshots.

Attached Files:

4. Pcheezo

Pcheezo New Member

So i added the adguard extension to chrome on my mac also and when i click on the extension it says " Adguard integration mode active" but it does not say this in the Safari extension

5. Boo Berry

Boo Berry Moderator + Beta Tester Moderator

Integration mode with the Adguard Adblocker browser extension for Safari doesn't work - it's a limitation of Safari's extension API and nothing can be done about this. Integration mode does work fine for Chrome/Firefox/Opera/Vivaldi though.

The same thing is also true on Windows with the Adguard Adblocker browser extension and Microsoft Edge, integration mode isn't possible with it either.

6. Pcheezo

Pcheezo New Member

awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

7. Boo Berry

Boo Berry Moderator + Beta Tester Moderator

The integration mode page should be updated to say integration mode doesn't work with Safari and Edge.

8. vasily_bagirov

@Pcheezo I guess I should have mentioned this, I apologize.

@Boo Berry I will apply changes to the test server today, and to the main server at the closest opportunity.

9. Bruno

Bruno Member

Any idea when Assistant 4 will be realesed for OSX?

10. vasily_bagirov

@Bruno with the next Adguard for Mac update, presumably.

11. Bruno

Bruno Member

Cool but the question remains when? :D

12. avatar

avatar Administrator Staff Member Administrator

Hehe:) Win version with the new Assistant will be released in August, Mac - a couple of months later.

Bruno likes this.