AdGuard autostart

Orazio

Beta Tester
Hi to all.

In a few words: Adguard fails to autostart after boot sometimes. I noticed this behavior happen after a filters update, but i'm not absolutely sure.

I have attached a log, if could help to understand the problem.

P.S = My phone is a Galaxy S10 with Android 10.

Chinaski

Quality Assurance
Staff member
Administrator
@Orazio
Hello there!
Do you receive the specified notification or not?
*The app is not configured yet*

Chinaski

Quality Assurance
Staff member
Administrator
Do you use any third-party antivirus or VPN that may prevent the application from automatically start?

Orazio

Beta Tester
Do you use any third-party antivirus or VPN that may prevent the application from automatically start?
None of these (no antimalware or any sort of alternatively VPN/Proxy), and I excluded AdGuard from system battery optimisation.

However seems after a manual filters update (with upper-right icon in the app), the app fail to restart itself at the next phone reboot. I can't reproduce this behavior without doing this.

P.S = What does the notification you told me about before?

Last edited:

Chinaski

Quality Assurance
Staff member
Administrator
@Orazio

I just tried to reproduce your problem following the playback steps on my 9 Android. And you know the protection really does not turn on automatically. Looks like it's a bug after all.
Passed it to the developers, they will fix ASAP.
Thank you for the information provided!

amcic1994

None of these (no antimalware or any sort of alternatively VPN/Proxy), and I excluded AdGuard from system battery optimisation.

However seems after a manual filters update (with upper-right icon in the app), the app fail to restart itself at the next phone reboot. I can't reproduce this behavior without doing this.

P.S = What does the notification you told me about before?
I have attached a log, if could help to understand the problem.

alvaradoherman

None of them (no antimalware or alternative VPN/Proxy), and AdGuard was left out of the system battery optimization.

However, it appears that after manually updating the filters (using the upper-right icon in the app), the app fails to restart itself when the phone is rebooted. This is the only way I can duplicate this behaviour.

P.S. = What does the notification you mentioned earlier mean?

d0x

None of them (no antimalware or alternative VPN/Proxy), and AdGuard was left out of the system battery optimization.

However, it appears that after manually updating the filters (using the upper-right icon in the app), the app fails to restart itself when the phone is rebooted. This is the only way I can duplicate this behaviour.

P.S. = What does the notification you mentioned earlier mean?
It was a bug. Go to update settings and change it from stable or beta to nightly. Let it update, when it's installed open it and change the update setting back to beta or release.

Reboot to test, it should work fine now. Don't worry about the notification.