AdGuard blocking apps from loading/refreshing

Mirrors

First of all I want to say that I love this app and it works great but maybe too great it seems. I was ready to purchase a pro version until I noticed some issues it was giving me after a day or so. When I had Adguard active several of my apps would suddenly refuse to load or refresh. Everything from my Facebook app, to Firefox, and Blackmart. The apps would start up just fine but nothing would load. Maybe I just didn't configure it correctly but all three of those apps I've listed have ads that I was more than happy to block until they just stopped working altogether. I tried to disable Adguard to get them to work but still no luck...they only began to work properly once I completely uninstalled Adguard. Am I doing something wrong? The only other app that I have running at all times would be 360 security but I don't think that would have anything to do with my problem.

ErikEngerd

I have had similar issues as well. For me they started after I bought the premium license. I also changed a few settingbs after that but restored them all tomthe initial settings as far as I know. All of a sudden youtube would complain about my internet connection and tweetcaster would complain about connection errors to api.twitter.com. Even white listing api.twitter.com did not help. Turning off adguard fixed the problems. Also the youtube problems went away after disabling/enabling adguard, but the tweetcaster problems remained. What helped in the end was to disable adguard, then clearing all application data, and the reactivasting the license.

Mirrors

I have had similar issues as well. For me they started after I bought the premium license. I also changed a few settingbs after that but restored them all tomthe initial settings as far as I know. All of a sudden youtube would complain about my internet connection and tweetcaster would complain about connection errors to api.twitter.com. Even white listing api.twitter.com did not help. Turning off adguard fixed the problems. Also the youtube problems went away after disabling/enabling adguard, but the tweetcaster problems remained. What helped in the end was to disable adguard, then clearing all application data, and the reactivasting the license.
Did that solve the problem permanently for you or did the problems persist even after doing that fix?

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
It would really helpful if you collect Adguard logs for us.

There is an article on how to do it:
https://kb.adguard.com/index.php?/Knowledgebase/Article/View/49/9/collecting-a-full-log-on-adguard-for-android

Then post ticket ID here so I can find these logs.

Also as you've mentioned Facebook, please take a look at that issue:
https://github.com/AdguardTeam/AdguardForAndroid/issues/43

Does it look similar to what you have? If so then updating to the latest beta version may help (or just wait for a few days, we'll soon push it to release).

Mirrors

After I reinstalled Adguard it was working as intended. All my apps were loading fine until I used my utorrent pro app to download a game and then I started to have the same issue as described in my OP. Everything just refused to load again. Google Store, Blackmart, Facebook, even your own app wouldn't let me update to beta it would just hang while trying to download.

---------- Post added at 04:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:27 PM ----------

After I followed ErikEngerds instructions everything started working again including Adguard. I think its safe to assume my problem has something to do with the utorrent pro app and not adguard directly that causes everything to shut down and refuse to load.

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Hm, do you have root access? Have you granted it to utorrent?

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Doubt it...is that necessary for it to work?
Nope, I am just trying to understand how utorrent may be responsible for breaking Adguard.
If it had the root access it would be possible for utorrent to change some system settings.