AdGuard Blocking Apps from Loading

pogue

New Member
Hi,
I recently downloaded the hotfix 3.2.140 of AdGuard for Android, but it's still blocking apps from loading. YouTube works fine now after the hotfix, but other apps like Twitter, Weather Underground & AP News, for example, won't load and just sit there spinning then tell me I don't have an internet connection.

I didn't see any way to export the logs from AdGuard, but I remember using another app in the past that would create logs of things going on in the background, so if you need anything like that to troubleshoot my issue, let me know.

I have a Samsung Galaxy S8 on Android 9. Any help trying to fix this problem would be appreciated.

Thanks,
pogue
 

VC321bx47

Beta Tester
Check your firewall if your connection looks like 'blocked' iin the filtering log it could be the firewall​
 

pogue

New Member
I'm not getting the same problem as before with the new nightly build v3.3 nightly 21 (138). It's blocking apps and sites from loading properly, and I have YouTube Premium and when I logged in while AdGuard was enabled, it was going show me advertising on it anyway!
 

jz68

New Member
Same issue for me. With AdGuard on, apps like Boost for Reddit and PokemonGo don't want to load but work just fine when I turn it off. I downloaded the Nightly up higher in this thread and that seemed to help for a bit, but then I was back to having the same issues.
 
Last edited:

Chinaski

Support Marine
Staff member
Administrator
Moderator
@jz68
HTTPS filtration for Pokemon and Reddit apps is off?
Try to start the application and look at the filtering log. There you can find out which element blocks access to the network.
 

jz68

New Member
It seems like this problem comes and goes. One time the app will load up fine, the next nothing until I turn off Adguard. As far as the filtering log, I see a couple of entries highlighted in red, "ssl.google-analytics.com". I also see 4 entries that are for the Boost Reddit app, but none of those are red.
 

Joachimi

New Member
Same issue for about a week. Almost no apps will work, I disable Adguard and everything works (but with ads of course). I even went thru every single filter 1at a toggling off to going issue,no go. I then turned every filter off but left adguard still on and there didn't work. I had to completely disable adguard for data to come back.
 

pogue

New Member
And if you change the type of DNS server to a system one, there will be no changes?
So, right now it appears to be functioning again. I'm running v3.3 nightly 23 (150). I'm not sure if there was a fix in the last version or what. But, I went ahead and did the suggestion you had in another thread I saw to turn on full logging.

Hello there!


Then let’s do the following:
- AdGuard > Settings > Advanced > Logging Level > Record All.
- Reproduce your issue.
- Note the time the error occurred and let us know.
- Don't forget to return to the default logging level.
- Logs can be sent to me at PM or on devteam@adguard.com
- It is also advisable to include a link to this forum topic in the email.
However, I don't know how to export the log to send it in for analysis.

Thanks,
pogue
 
Top