AdGuard blocking internet in some apps

Discussion in 'Technical Support (AdGuard for Android)' started by Nick, Jun 22, 2017.

1. Nick

Nick New Member

I'm using Adguard v2.9.70 with the latest filter updates and no user filters and I'm finding that AG occasionally blocks all traffic to some apps on my rooted S7 Edge running MM 6.0.1.

I first thought it was an issue with mobile data and/or wifi, but it persisted even after putting the phone in and out of flight mode. I found that restarting the phone would resolve the issues for a while, but it would eventually start to happen again. I then thought about disabling AG protection and that seemed to get things working again. Some of the apps such as the BBC News, Sports and Weather ones don't have ads so I've excluded them from routing their data through AG. However, quite a few other apps have lots of ads so I'm reluctant to exclude them too as that would defeat the object of an adblocker.

Can someone suggest anything to try in order to resolve the issue please?

If you need any more info, please ask.

Thank you.

2. mobamoba

mobamoba New Member

I've had this same issue too. Sometimes I have to turn off Adguard in order to get an app to connect.

3. vasily_bagirov

vasily_bagirov Administrator Staff Member Administrator

4. mobamoba

mobamoba New Member

Okay I just sent a log per the instructions. My helpdesk ID is 1400702. Thanks.

5. zIBiT

zIBiT Administrator Staff Member Administrator

Forwarded to the devs. Thanks!

6. zIBiT

Let's start with disabling `pref.vpn.disable.pause`. Thank you.

7. mobamoba

mobamoba New Member

I don't know what that means. Where is that in the app?

8. zIBiT

This setting is located in: Settings > Advanced > Low Level Settings > *in the middle of the list*. You just need to uncheck it.

9. mobamoba

mobamoba New Member

Okay. The bug is sporadic and seems to happen after my phone has been left alone for a while. I'll disable that setting and see what happens then report back.

10. mobamoba

mobamoba New Member

Unchecking that setting didn't solve the problem as it just happened again. What would you like me to do next?

11. mobamoba

mobamoba New Member

Have you guys been able to track down this bug? I think it's in the VPN component because I've been using Adguard with proxy (root) for the last day or so haven't experienced the problem so far (though if I do I'll report back).

12. zIBiT

Hi! Excuse me for the late answer.

The logs research showed that some of the apps wants to connect to some IPv6 address, but cannot. That may causes the problem.

Could you please to uncheck `pref.vpn.ipv6.disable`:
    Screenshot_20170708-000359.png

Thanks!

13. mobamoba

mobamoba New Member

Unfortunately, that didn't solve it. Have had it that way for the past 2 days and just experienced the problem once again a moment ago. Stopping and restarting Adguard is the only way to restore internet. Any other approaches you want me to try?

14. zIBiT

Okay... Could you please collect another log? But make sure that you connected to the same network where the problem appears.

Start collecting log and try to make wild stuff with your device - to refresh some apps, to reload pages, to download something, to re-enable Adguard protection. And send this package to us.

Thanks!