Adguard blocking me own website

steveh46

Hello folks,

first of all, I'm on windows 10 and I do not have adguard installed, never heard of adguard, never installed the software. Yet and still adguard dns blockes my own website as well as other random sites i try to visit. I do not use adguard DNS, i have never installed the software. Can someone please help me understand how it is possible that sites are being completely blocked in both chrome and firefox. I have gone over everything from my router settings to any browser extensions i may have, and I am stumped!

zIBiT

Administrator
Administrator
Hello!

Could you please provide us with a screenshot of the blocking you mentioned?

Thanks.

UMX

Yet and still adguard dns blockes my own website as well as other random sites !
1) How do you know AdGuard does it?
2) in case AG DNS blocks you most probably either
a) your admin did configure AG DNS servers as DHCP option(s) -> pls open command line (that black window you get when executing "cmd.exe") and post the output of "ipconfig /all"
or
b) your ISP uses AG DNS servers as upstream servers -> pls open command line (that black window you get when executing "cmd.exe") and post the outputs of "nslookup ads.nexage.com" and "nslookup ads.nexage.com 195.186.1.111".
or
c) your ISP transparently redirects your DNS requests to DNS servers using AG DNS servers -> pls go to vpngate.net, setup any of their VPNs (free), start it, then pls open command line (that black window you get when executing "cmd.exe") and post the outputs of "nslookup ads.nexage.com" and "nslookup ads.nexage.com 195.186.1.111" and "nslookup ads.nexage.com 176.103.130.130".

Thank you

Last edited:

Boo Berry

Moderator + Beta Tester
In addition, if you're using DNSCrypt, it might randomly use AdGuard's DNS since it's an option. I'd open Task Manager > Details tab and look for dnscrypt-proxy.exe if you think this could be the case.