Adguard Blocking My Login To Banking Website

jputting

Adguard 2.1.3.600 for mac is currently blocking all my attempts to login into my banking website at https://www.anz.com.au/personal/

I click the log in link which takes me to another page to enter my login details https://www.anz.com/INETBANK/bankmain.asp?adobe_mc=MCMID=46391347343968571254407049070114815049|MCAID=2EE992D685158BD1-400008FA6295ACE7|MCORGID=67A216D751E567B20A490D4C%40AdobeOrg|TS=1574119731

I always ensure my Customer Registration Number and password details are 100%accurate.

However when I am using Adgaurd for mac I can no longer login to my account.

I get this error message "Secure Connection Failed" An error occurred during a connection to banking4.anz.com.

"The page you are trying to view cannot be shown because the authenticity of the received data could not be verified.
Please contact the website owners to inform them of this problem."

When Adguard for mac is deactivated I can login as usual.

I am using macOS Catalina 10.15.1

I am using Firefox 70.0.1 with the Adguard2.1.3.600 add-on installed using the Integration mode, the Firefox Adguard add-on has never blocked me from entering my banking website.

To try and resolve this myself I have done the following:

Disabled ALL Adguard Filters for blocking ads

In the "General Settings" I have whitelisted the following anz.com, anz.com.au, banking3.anz.com, banking4.anz.com

Disabled Adguard "Stealth Mode" completely.

Disabled all Adguard Extensions

Disabled Phishing and Malware Protection

I tried disabling both HTTPS Filtering and Do Not Filter Websites with EV Certificates.

I am NOT using Adguard as a HTTP Proxy.

The only thing which resolves my banking login issue is "Automatically Filter Applications" when this is not activated I can log into my banking website as usual.

However disabling "Automatically Filter Applications" renders Adguard for mac impotent and it is then useless to me.

Please advise on what i can do to login to my banking website while using Adguard and it's full protection capabilities.

I have used the correct method of lodging a technical support request via the Adguard App and have also sent multiple email requests for technical support well over 48 hours ago.

I am extremely dismayed that Adguard is completely failing to live up to its advertised claim of MOST technical support issues being dealt with in a 24 hour timeframe.

It is now well over 48hours since I requested support and I have NOT ANY satisfactory technical solution which fixes this serious issue from Adguard.:mad:

Last edited:

jputting

I do not understand what you are saying when you state that " The Log-in worked until recently before expiration of AdGuard"

Exactly how did Adguard expire?

Please explain what you mean by ths.

DeadSurvivor

My AdGuard Subscription needs renewal. A few weeks I didn't have a problem getting into my bank account to check my balances, etc … It May be something else but my assumption was AdGuard.

Chinaski

Support Marine
Staff member
Administrator
@jputting
Hello dear, User.

I want to apologize on behalf of the support team. We had a small queue and that's why, unfortunately, we couldn't answer in time.
We added this site to the HTTPS filtering exceptions and soon you won't experience any problems with access to your personal account on the bank site.

anz.com is already in the whitelist.
But when you follow the link, it is redirected to anz.com.au

We have added this domain to Whitelist, the database will be updated soon and this site will no longer be filtered.
As a temporary solution, you can add the specified domain to the whitelist by yourself, clear the browser cache and try to login again.

jputting

I have tried your technical fix and this addition of anz.com.au to the HTTPS FILTERING EXCEPTIONS SIMPLY DID NOT FIX THIS.

This is one of the very first things I did in my own fruitless attempts to resolve this.

This is still a quite persistent and annoying issue which you have failed to fix

I am not the only Adguard user whom has banking login issues caused by Adguard.

If you carefully read this thread you will find another Adguard user who calls himself "DeadSurvivor" he has also reported that he believes Adguard is blocking him from logging into his personal bank account.

There is a serious technical issue with Adguard that needs to be dealt with as a matter of urgency as Adguard users need vital access to their banking websites.

If this is not fixed very soon indeed, I will be forced into uninstalling Adguard.

Last edited:

jputting

I have done what you have asked me to do precisely.

However the two measures you advised me to do have NOT RESOLVED THIS ISSUE.

PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING VERY CAREFULLY:

The only thing which resolves my banking login issue is DISABLING "Automatically Filter Applications" when this is not activated I can log into my banking website as usual.

I have spent countless hours pulling my hair out trying every conceivable option and painstakingly disabling ALL Adguards Options and Filters ONE BY ONE and retesting the banking website after each and every individual change.

DISABLING "AUTOMATICALLY FILTER APPLICATIONS" IS THE ONE AND ONLY FACTOR WHICH CAUSES THIS TECHNICAL ISSUE.

NOTHING ELSE whatsoever has caused this issue to occur.

This is where the source of the problem is, this is what needs technical investigation

Last edited:

Chinaski

Support Marine
Staff member
Administrator
1. Close Firefox
2. Click the AdGuard tray icon > Advanced > Reset Settings
3. Advanced > Logging level > Debug
4. Check if other sites are working on https when AdGuard is enabled, e.g. YouTube
5. Try to Login to your personal account on the bank website.
6. Memorize the error time
7 Collect logs through AdGuard menu
8 Send us the received archive with the logs, indicating the time of the error. Logs can be sent to the PM.

jputting

I have done exactly what you have requested of me.

In response to your questions other HTTPS websites such as ebay.com.au are not affected.

I can indeed login to YouTube with no issues.

My login to my banking website was blocked within 5 seconds of entering my details and after pressing the login button.

I enabled the advanced Adguard Logging using the DEBUG option you asked for and have attached the created report as a zip file.

I do hope you can resolve this very quickly.

Attachments

Last edited:

Chinaski

Support Marine
Staff member
Administrator
Transmitted the information you provided to the developers as soon as the solution is available, I will let you know.

Chinaski

Support Marine
Staff member
Administrator
Please, provide access from AnyDesk, we need to connect and check for yourself why your access is blocked.
Since we are unable to reproduce the problem on our side.

If you agree to a remote connection, let's make an appointment at PM in advance.

Last edited:

jputting

There is a very good reason why you are unable to reproduce this issue at Adguard.

This issue only occurs after I enter my valid user name/Customer registration number and my password and press the login/enter button.

It is only then that Adguard blocks me from completing the login process.

Because you are not a ANZ Bank customer you obviously do not have a valid user name/customer registration number and password.

Therefore Adguard technical staff are unable to monitor what occurs after I enter my details and press the login/enter button.

Because of this complicating factor which makes it extremely difficult for Adguard to discover the cause of this issue I do fully understand the need for Remote Access to my mac so you can observe and record what is occuring AFTER I ENTER MY LOGIN DETAILS AND PRESS THE LOGIN/ENTER BUTTON.

I am quite willing to permit temporary access to my mac via AnyDesk in a desperate attempt to have you figure out what exactly is going on. I understand clearly the need for Adguard to get as much diagnosttic information as possible in order to fix this serious technical issue.

I have downloaded and installed this mac application, however I have never used this before.

Please provide very plain and clear instructions on how to use this properly and then we can set up an appointment for a remote connection.

Last edited:

Chinaski

Support Marine
Staff member
Administrator
Thank you for compromising. Please install AnyDesk application. With it we will be able to connect to you remotely.
And about the date and time of connection, let's agree at PM.

jputting

What do you mean by let's agree at PM?

I have advised you of my wish to comply fully with your request well over 16 long hours ago
and have been waiting and waiting and waiting to finally get this Remote Access done with no response from you.

I really want to get this done as soon as possible.

Then I will have to wait even longer for your technical staff to get this diagnosed and devise a technical fix.

I really did expect much better support from Adguard the long delays are extremely dismaying.

Heaven knows how much longer it will be before this is finally resolved.

Last edited:

jputting

Please close this technical support request.

I have finally run out of patience with Adguard technical support, the very long delays are insufferable.

Please be advised I am now completely uninstalling Adguard from my mac including the browser extension.

I needed this issue to be resolved urgently so I can have vital access to my banking website.

I had to wait for well over 48 hours just to get any response at all from Adguard technical support.

Adguard staff do not accept that banking is critical and much needed vital service that people depend upon greatly and techncal issues with banking websites need to addressed urgently.

I had fully complied with everyting you have requested of me.

I have been waiting well over 16 hours to get this Remote Access done and still no response from Chinaski as to when this could be done.

Then there is even further delays to be expeted while Adguard technical support diagnose what is going on and finally fix this.

I am extremely annoyed with the constant delays and the insufferable time it is taking to get this sorted.

After almost 3 very long days and sleepless nights there is still no end is in sight for this issue and even further delays are to be expected while Adguard takes even longer time to finally diagnose this and devise a technical fix.

This technical issue has caused me a great deal of stress and lost sleep,
I have been at my mac for endless hours trying every conceivable way to get this sorted.

I simply can not wait any longer, I must have vital access to my banking website.

Adguard is now uninstalled and forever banished from my mac to never be installed again.

This is entirely due to the extremely poor technical support from Adguard.

Last edited:

Boo Berry

Moderator + Beta Tester
I believe @Chinaski meant is to PM him on the forum to setup a time for the remote access session. He's probably on a very different time zone that you are, so setting up a good time isn't easy. From the looks of his post above, he was waiting for your PM response.

Also, reading the topic I suspect adding anz.com, anz.co.au, anz.co.nz and banking4.anz.com (even though this should be covered by adding anz.com, but it never hurts to add this too) to the HTTPS exclusion list, then clearing the browser's cache (this is very important, or else stuff gets cached and appears to not work) would likely fix this.

jputting

Do you not ever read previous postings?

I DO NOT KNOW "PM" CHINASKI MEANS.

NOBODY HAS EXPLAINED WHAT THAT MEANS.

NOBODY HAS TOLD ME WHAT I HAVE TO DO TO "PM" CHINASKI.

I have asked this question several times now NOBODY HAS ANSWERED MY QUESTION.

ALSO NOBODY HERE ANSWERED MY QUESTION ABOUT HOW TO USE ANY DESK.

THESE ARE YET MORE EXAMPLES OF EXTREMELY POOR ADGUARD TECHNICAL SUPPORT.

If you had read my previous postings you will have discovered that I performed the requested actions you advised, All Exclusions/White Listings were added.

The Firefox browser Cache was cleared.

I even fully uninstalled Firefox used a completely clean fresh virgin installation and changed nothing about is default configuration.

All the measures you have advised me to perform were done precisely as requested.

Your technical efforts to fix this completely failed.

NOBODY AT ALL FROM ADGUARD RESPONDED TO ANY OF MY QUESTIONS IN ANY WAY AT ALL.

IT IS NOW MUCH MORE THAN 16 HOURS AFTER I AGREED TO GET REMOTE ACCESS DONE.

THESE THINGS ARE YET MORE EXAMPLES OF EXTREMELY POOR TECHNICAL SUPPORT FROM ADGUARD.

I once again repeat due to this extremely bad technical support Adguard has been permanently uninstalled from my mac.

IT WILL NEVER BE INSTALLED AGAIN DUE TO EXTREMELY POOR TECHNICAL SUPPORT.

Last edited: