Adguard Blocking My Login To Banking Website

Boo Berry

Moderator + Beta Tester
Oh, it means click on his name and on his profile page and find the Start conversation button.

Yeah, I can see how that's confusing. @Chinaski maybe you can add a link to your signature that says Message me! or something and use https://forum.adguard.com/index.php?conversations/add&to=Chinaski as the link as a PM shortcut of sorts. XenForo (the forum software) doesn't have a PM button next to the username like some other forum software.

Sorry, I didn't see this post until earlier, and I did inform @Chinaski of it but it's probably the middle of the night for him now.

jputting

Once again your lack of Technical support is unsufferable.

I have asked for this Technical Support request to be closed as I have had enough and can no longer bear the extremely poor technical support by Adguard.

Adguard staff do not accept that banking is critical and much needed vital service that people depend upon greatly and techncal issues with banking websites need to dealt with urgently.

I have also advised you ADGUARD HAS BEEN UNINSTALLED FROM MY MAC AND BANISHED FOREVER.

Please close this thread/lock it and my technical support request.

Last edited:

ks5z3tit6h

Your solution is this:

1) Use Safari, Apple reinforced security and also optimization. Microsoft Edge still lacks updates.
2) Use AdGaurd for Mac only. AdGuard for Mac + AdGuard for Safari is not required. It will make websites break.
3) Activate the function: do not filter websites with extended certification.

jputting

Hi,

The advice you offer is not in any way an acceptable solution for the following reasons:

1. I truly hate and despise the featureless and barren browser that is Safari as there are only a relatively small number of Safari Extensions available compared to the extensive range of Firefox Add-ons or Chrome Extensions.

2. Safari also has almost no way to Customize it as I don't believe that they offer any themes other ways to change its appearance.

3. Chrome Security is far stronger than Safari in fact many years ago when Chrome first entered the Pwn2Own computer hacking contest held annually at the CanSecWest security conference it was for the first few years invulnerable to the most highly sophisticated and advanced hacking techniques.

Safari was routinely hacked into and was regarded as a very poor performer in terms of security.

I am sure that things are not quite so bad these days, however Safari's security is still not the best as every year it is routinely defeated by the hackers.

As time passed the hackers intensively researched Chrome's formidable defenses and exploited any weakness found as a result it's no longer invincible, but Chrome is very quick to patch any vulnerabilities found and as a result Chrome is one of the strongest browsers in terms of security.

Firefox is also good in terms of security and with all the recent improvements it has a much stronger emphasis on protecting your privacy and it also is one of the most customizable browsers and the speed of browsing with Firefox is comparable with Chrome.

4. So for me personally the most important things I want in a browser are Good Security, Privacy Protection and Customization Options and this is why I have always been a long term Firefox user and have no intention of using any other browser.

5. I am a mac user and the Microsoft Edge browser can't be used.

None of your advice address the fact that Adguard technical support is atrociously bad.

The issue I had was with Banking website which is an vitally important essential service which I must have access to almost daily as I have investment funds that require monitoring and I also quite regularly scrutinize all financial transactions on a frequent basis.

Another Adguard user DeadSurvivor also posted here that Adguard was blocking him from his bank.

There is something quite seriously wrong with Adguard when it blocks access to essential services.

I did indeed post here and also advised Adguard of this issue as soon as possible,
but I encountered extremely long delays in getting any response at all despite notifying Adguard that I needed this resolved as soon as possible.

The team at Adguard completely disregarded by repeated and insistent pleas that this was an urgent security problem that needed to be resolved as quickly as possible.

But did Adguard take any notice at all?.

NO THEY DID NOT RECOGNIZE THE URGENCY OF THIS CRITICAL TECHNICAL ISSUE.

This entire technical issue dragged on and on for day after day after day.

I finally gave up after desperately pleading and begging Adguard for Techical assistance to no avail and no end in sight for this issue.

I simply must have access to my banking website and was forced into uninstalling Adgaurd to restore access to my banking website.

I am completely shocked and appalled at the absolutely terrible and almost NON-EXISTANT TECHNICAL SUPPORT here at Adguard.

This experience has traumatized me so much that I will never again install Adguard on my mac or any other device.

Such extremely poor technical support is going to hurt Adguard's own business as many people will uninstall Adguard when the they encounter such shockingly bad technical support and they will have lost another Adguard user.

ks5z3tit6h

Hi,

The advice you offer is not in any way an acceptable solution for the following reasons:

1. I truly hate and despise the featureless and barren browser that is Safari as there are only a relatively small number of Safari Extensions available compared to the extensive range of Firefox Add-ons or Chrome Extensions.

2. Safari also has almost no way to Customize it as I don't believe that they offer any themes other ways to change its appearance.

3. Chrome Security is far stronger than Safari in fact many years ago when Chrome first entered the Pwn2Own computer hacking contest held annually at the CanSecWest security conference it was for the first few years invulnerable to the most highly sophisticated and advanced hacking techniques.

Safari was routinely hacked into and was regarded as a very poor performer in terms of security.

I am sure that things are not quite so bad these days, however Safari's security is still not the best as every year it is routinely defeated by the hackers.

As time passed the hackers intensively researched Chrome's formidable defenses and exploited any weakness found as a result it's no longer invincible, but Chrome is very quick to patch any vulnerabilities found and as a result Chrome is one of the strongest browsers in terms of security.

Firefox is also good in terms of security and with all the recent improvements it has a much stronger emphasis on protecting your privacy and it also is one of the most customizable browsers and the speed of browsing with Firefox is comparable with Chrome.

4. So for me personally the most important things I want in a browser are Good Security, Privacy Protection and Customization Options and this is why I have always been a long term Firefox user and have no intention of using any other browser.

5. I am a mac user and the Microsoft Edge browser can't be used.

None of your advice address the fact that Adguard technical support is atrociously bad.

The issue I had was with Banking website which is an vitally important essential service which I must have access to almost daily as I have investment funds that require monitoring and I also quite regularly scrutinize all financial transactions on a frequent basis.

Another Adguard user DeadSurvivor also posted here that Adguard was blocking him from his bank.

There is something quite seriously wrong with Adguard when it blocks access to essential services.

I did indeed post here and also advised Adguard of this issue as soon as possible,
but I encountered extremely long delays in getting any response at all despite notifying Adguard that I needed this resolved as soon as possible.

The team at Adguard completely disregarded by repeated and insistent pleas that this was an urgent security problem that needed to be resolved as quickly as possible.

But did Adguard take any notice at all?.

NO THEY DID NOT RECOGNIZE THE URGENCY OF THIS CRITICAL TECHNICAL ISSUE.

This entire technical issue dragged on and on for day after day after day.

I finally gave up after desperately pleading and begging Adguard for Techical assistance to no avail and no end in sight for this issue.

I simply must have access to my banking website and was forced into uninstalling Adgaurd to restore access to my banking website.

I am completely shocked and appalled at the absolutely terrible and almost NON-EXISTANT TECHNICAL SUPPORT here at Adguard.

This experience has traumatized me so much that I will never again install Adguard on my mac or any other device.

Such extremely poor technical support is going to hurt Adguard's own business as many people will uninstall Adguard when the they encounter such shockingly bad technical support and they will have lost another Adguard user.
If you need to make a bank transaction, then simply do this:
bank off.png

-Chrome and Edge stink in terms of privacy.
-Firefox is somewhat unstable and consumes too much battery.
So, if you are concerned about security and privacy, use the browser:

Remember that any ad blocker can cause a bank site to break. A banking site does not contain annoying or deceptive advertising.

jputting

Hi,

Please do the right thing and go back to my very first posting on this critical technical issue and take the time to read the entire thread very carefully, Yes it's time consuming but it's also annoying when people jump into a thread and begin trying to offer solutions which have been tried.

You will find in detail all steps taken to fix this and absolutely nothing resolves the issue with Adguard blocking access to my bank.

I did download and try Iridium and I still find Adguard is still blocking access to my banking website.

Firefox has always been stable and reliable for and has never, ever caused any issues in logging into any website at all, as I'm a desktop mac user battery life is simply not an issue.

Adgaurd for mac blocks me accessing my banking website regardless of the browser used,
and I have tried all the mac browsers out there.

However when Adgaurd for mac is installed I am blocked from entering my banking website, only uninstalling Adgaurd restores access to my banking website.

Boo Berry

Moderator + Beta Tester
Add the bank site URLs to the HTTPS exclusions list, then problem solved. AdGuard won't filter website URLs (mainly banking URLs) added to the HTTPS exclusions list.

The AdGuard developers actively add bank domains to the HTTPS exclusions, but of course, ones not in the list should be reported so they are added to the HTTPS exclusions list.

ks5z3tit6h

Add the bank site URLs to the HTTPS exclusions list, then problem solved. AdGuard won't filter website URLs (mainly banking URLs) added to the HTTPS exclusions list.

The AdGuard developers actively add bank domains to the HTTPS exclusions, but of course, ones not in the list should be reported so they are added to the HTTPS exclusions list.
Right. The problem is that he doesn't understand. It is surely another problem that has nothing to do with AdGuard.

Boo Berry

Moderator + Beta Tester
To be fair, there can be situations where that *could* happen. The problem is, know what domain(s) being blocked are causing it, having the filtering log open while attempting to load the website might help figure out what domain is being blocked, hence blocking access to the banking website. Adding the bank domain(s) to the HTTPS exclusions list *should* fix it, unless there's some other domain(s) being blocked when attempting to log in, which in turn blocks access.

Once the domain(s) being blocked are found, adding them to both the HTTPS exclusions and possibly even the user filter (or added to the Base filter) as an exception or exceptions likely would fix it.

jputting

Hi,

How many times do I have to politely request that before commenting and offering advice that you should very thoroughly and carefully READ THE ENTIRE THREAD FROM THE FIRST POST.

If you had done this and made careful notes of the extensive measures taken to fix this issue you would very clearly understand that the steps you advised me to perform were indeed one of the very first measures I tried to fix this without success.

After a great many hours of tortuous struggling with this and ZERO technical support from Adguard I finally pinned down the cause.

The only thing which resolves my banking login issue is DISABLING "Automatically Filter Applications" when this is not activated I can log into my banking website as usual.

I once again repeat that countless hours pulling my hair out trying every conceivable option and painstakingly disabling ALL Adguards Options and Filters ONE BY ONE and retesting the banking website after each and every individual change.

DISABLING "AUTOMATICALLY FILTER APPLICATIONS" IS THE ONE AND ONLY FACTOR WHICH CAUSES THIS TECHNICAL ISSUE.

NOTHING ELSE whatsoever has caused this issue to occur.

Do not try and pass the blame.

I can easily enter my banking website with any browser of my choice when Adguard is not installed.

BECAUSE OF THIS I KNOW ADGUARD IS THE CAUSE AND ABSOLUTELY NOTHING ELSE PREVENTS ME LOGGING INTO MY BANKING WEBSITE.

ks5z3tit6h

Hi,

How many times do I have to politely request that before commenting and offering advice that you should very thoroughly and carefully READ THE ENTIRE THREAD FROM THE FIRST POST.

If you had done this and made careful notes of the extensive measures taken to fix this issue you would very clearly understand that the steps you advised me to perform were indeed one of the very first measures I tried to fix this without success.

After a great many hours of tortuous struggling with this and ZERO technical support from Adguard I finally pinned down the cause.

The only thing which resolves my banking login issue is DISABLING "Automatically Filter Applications" when this is not activated I can log into my banking website as usual.

I once again repeat that countless hours pulling my hair out trying every conceivable option and painstakingly disabling ALL Adguards Options and Filters ONE BY ONE and retesting the banking website after each and every individual change.

DISABLING "AUTOMATICALLY FILTER APPLICATIONS" IS THE ONE AND ONLY FACTOR WHICH CAUSES THIS TECHNICAL ISSUE.

NOTHING ELSE whatsoever has caused this issue to occur.

Do not try and pass the blame.

I can easily enter my banking website with any browser of my choice when Adguard is not installed.

BECAUSE OF THIS I KNOW ADGUARD IS THE CAUSE AND ABSOLUTELY NOTHING ELSE PREVENTS ME LOGGING INTO MY BANKING WEBSITE.

Reinstall macOS
Reinstall AdGuard

Done!

jputting

Hi,

Once again you are trying shift the blame from Adgaurds faulty adblocker onto me or my mac.

I can provide proof it is Adguards technical faults which caused my banking login issues.

I have done a complete erase of my macHD before installing the latest mac operating system macOS Catalina 10.15.2

I like to do this when updating my mac so I am confident I am using a completely virginal or unmodified form of the operating system, after doing my exhaustive testing and I can be very confident that it is working well without issues as most bugs in a newly released operating system become apparent in a reasonable space of time.

It was in this virginal completely unmodified state that I installed the latest version of Adguard and I left in its default installation state with NO modifications.

I then installed the latest version of Firefox and all the other mac browsers I could think of and I also left them completely unmodified virginal state and tried logging into my banking website.

No matter which browser I tried every single time Adguard blocked me from entering my banking website.

After trying everything detailed listed FROM MY VERY FIRST POST and absolutely nothing has fixed this issue.

ks5z3tit6h

Hi,

Once again you are trying shift the blame from Adgaurds faulty adblocker onto me or my mac.

I can provide proof it is Adguards technical faults which caused my banking login issues.

I have done a complete erase of my macHD before installing the latest mac operating system macOS Catalina 10.15.2

I like to do this when updating my mac so I am confident I am using a completely virginal or unmodified form of the operating system, after doing my exhaustive testing and I can be very confident that it is working well without issues as most bugs in a newly released operating system become apparent in a reasonable space of time.

It was in this virginal completely unmodified state that I installed the latest version of Adguard and I left in its default installation state with NO modifications.

I then installed the latest version of Firefox and all the other mac browsers I could think of and I also left them completely unmodified virginal state and tried logging into my banking website.

No matter which browser I tried every single time Adguard blocked me from

my banking website.

After trying everything detailed listed FROM MY VERY FIRST POST and absolutely nothing has fixed this issue.
I really don't know what else to say friend. adguard is a simple locking tool, don't look for the cat's fifth leg. Do not use any blockers and that's it. Maybe the problem is causing your banking website.

Boo Berry

Moderator + Beta Tester
So, there's an ongoing discussion about this by the AG devs here: https://github.com/AdguardTeam/CoreLibs/issues/1216

It seems removing anz.com, anz.com.au, and anz.co.nz from the HTTPS exclusions list 'fixes' it as a workaround, but looking at the comments (especially the one posted by @avatar 4 hours ago) it should be fixed in a CoreLibs update soon. So when the next AG for Mac nightly is out, you might want to try it again @jputting and see if it's indeed fixed.

EDIT: @avatar confirmed in the Telegram chat that it's indeed the issue, and it'll be fixed in the next AG for Mac patch, but it'll likely land in the nightly version first.

jputting

Hi,

At long last it has finally been proven that my browser, mac, banking website are NOT TO BLAME.

I have finally been vindicated at it is now known my claims were 100% accurate and correct in every aspect.

It is Adgaurd whom is totally100% responsible for this mess.

This whole debacle has been going on since Late NOVEMBER 2019.

It is absolutely astonishing and beyond belief that I reported this and repeatedly beg and pleaded for this to be fixed more than 2 months ago as this was affecting a very vital and critically important service.

After more than 2 months we are STILL WAITING FOR THE NEXT UPDATE TO FIX THIS.

You people at Adguard expect people to pay good money for a subscription to your Adguard adblocker and then you subject then to extremely long waiting times for critical issues to be fixed...............................................................

Your customer support is shockingly bad.

This type of critical fault which effects a vital banking service should have been dealt within a day or two at most.

But this is not what happened Adgaurd put this on the back burner and have allowed it to drag on for 2 months, knowing full well that it affected a critical banking service that I need.

You have simply no idea how much time I spent pulling my hair out spending endless hours glued to my mac trying every conceivable option and enduring enormous amounts of stress while receiving no support at all from Adgaurd.

To add further insult to injury I have been subjected to numerous posters trying to shift the blame from Adgaurd and they also stubbornly refused to acknowledge my attempts to resolve this by not doing the right thing and reading this thread from the beginning and making careful notes of everything I tried.

I WILL NEVER AGAIN INSTALL ADGUARD ON MAC EVER AGAIN.

It is purely because of this whole very nasty and unpleasant saga of being subjected to absolutely dreadful technical support and extremely long delays in getting a technical fix for this.

Adguard has lost a customer permanently.

No offer at all from Adguard would persuade to install it again

ks5z3tit6h

Hi,

At long last it has finally been proven that my browser, mac, banking website are NOT TO BLAME.

I have finally been vindicated at it is now known my claims were 100% accurate and correct in every aspect.

It is Adgaurd whom is totally100% responsible for this mess.

This whole debacle has been going on since Late NOVEMBER 2019.

It is absolutely astonishing and beyond belief that I reported this and repeatedly beg and pleaded for this to be fixed more than 2 months ago as this was affecting a very vital and critically important service.

After more than 2 months we are STILL WAITING FOR THE NEXT UPDATE TO FIX THIS.

You people at Adguard expect people to pay good money for a subscription to your Adguard adblocker and then you subject then to extremely long waiting times for critical issues to be fixed...............................................................

Your customer support is shockingly bad.

This type of critical fault which effects a vital banking service should have been dealt within a day or two at most.

But this is not what happened Adgaurd put this on the back burner and have allowed it to drag on for 2 months, knowing full well that it affected a critical banking service that I need.

You have simply no idea how much time I spent pulling my hair out spending endless hours glued to my mac trying every conceivable option and enduring enormous amounts of stress while receiving no support at all from Adgaurd.

To add further insult to injury I have been subjected to numerous posters trying to shift the blame from Adgaurd and they also stubbornly refused to acknowledge my attempts to resolve this by not doing the right thing and reading this thread from the beginning and making careful notes of everything I tried.

I WILL NEVER AGAIN INSTALL ADGUARD ON MAC EVER AGAIN.

It is purely because of this whole very nasty and unpleasant saga of being subjected to absolutely dreadful technical support and extremely long delays in getting a technical fix for this.

Adguard has lost a customer permanently.

No offer at all from Adguard would persuade to install it again
I will be honest. I also don't use Adguard for mac. I opted for a DNS with ad blocker, I'm fine.