AdGuard blocking not working on CNBC.com

RDA2

Hi,

On my iPad, I blocked a top banner element. AdGuard generated the following code:

cnbc.com###MainContentContainer > div:last-child > div.homepage.PageBuilder-page > div.PageBuilder-pageWrapper > div.PageBuilder-containerWidth100.PageBuilder-pageRow:nth-child(2) > div.PageBuilder-col-full.PageBuilder-col > div.TopBanner-container

It seems to have the desired effect, but when I apply it, exit preview and reload the page it doesn’t work.

Can anyone please help with this?

thanks.

RDA2

Thanks.

First shot shows how the site loads by default. I’ve circled the blank area at the top that I’m trying to get rid of.

Second shot shows the effect of the code in my original post - it removes the blank area. For some reason, when I apply that code and reload the page, it doesn’t work (blank space returns).

https://share.icloud.com/photos/0HWE9WeWRIIfBXoo4ShSISb-g

Alex302

Filters Developer
Staff member
Administrator
Hi. On my end this rule from Base filter blocks that element
Code:
cnbc.com##.TopBanner-container

RDA2

Odd. Perhaps it’s not taking effect. Is there some way I can force AdGuard to load new rules?

RDA2

Arrrgh! No, still not working.

The only thing I can think of is my set of enabled filter lists is different from yours - do those override these rules?

RDA2

Tried it - no dice.

I have just Base + AG Annoyances enabled.

Here’s a screenshot of my rules…. Any ideas welcome. I’m not sure why it isn’t working. It works temporarily when I first block the element, but then stops when the page is reloaded.

Attachments

Alex302

Filters Developer
Staff member
Administrator
Hmm...
Please open example.com After that add folliwing rule(do not close AG ~30 seconds)
example.com##body
and reftesh page and compare result. Expected - blank page.

Blaz

Moderator & Translator
Staff member
Settings -> General -> Advanced Settings -> Content blockers

Is it maybe showing a warning you exceed 50k rules?

Also cannot reproduce on my iPad.

Last edited:

Blaz

Moderator & Translator
Staff member
Unrelated, but to get rule count down a bit:

Please disable EasyList (already included in Base filter). Peter Lowe's Blocklist is known to cause overblocking, so I suggest to disable that one too.

RDA2

Thanks. Made the adjustments. Had no impact on CNBC.com, but good to know the filtering is more efficient now.

RDA2

I’m stupid. Had CNBC in my allow list, hence the filters weren’t working. Took it out and everything is good. Thanks for your help.