AdGuard blocking port scanning?

Zevonlander

I read today in BleepingComputer that uBlock Origin ad blocker now blocks port scans on most sites. I am unable to locate where or if AdGuard does that too. If AdGuard does not currently block portscanning, does anyone know if it is planned? I am AdGuard Lifetime license holder. :)

Boo Berry

Moderator + Beta Tester
The port scan blocking is part of the EasyPrivacy filter (and not a uBlock Origin-specific feature). If you want to do the same thing in AdGuard, enable the EasyPrivacy filter. :)

Zevonlander

Thank you, Boo Berry.

From what I can tell, enabling the EasyPrivacy filter only appears possible in the browser extension (AdGuard AdBlocker 3.4.31). I can't locate that particular filter option in AdGuard for Windfows 7.4.2. Assuming I am not missing something, does this mean that only the browser extension can block port scanning?

Boo Berry

Moderator + Beta Tester
EasyPrivacy is there in the subscription list in AG for Windows. It disappears from this list if you've already added it to your list of filters, so if it's not there check that.

EasyPrivacy.png

Zevonlander

Okay, found it. It was not selected. I only located it after viewing "Installed filters", then "+ Add a filter", which loaded available filters. Appreciate the assistance!