AdGuard breaks Google sync

Discussion in 'Technical Support (AdGuard for Android)' started by djdelarosa25, Jun 23, 2019.

1. djdelarosa25

djdelarosa25 New Member

Hi there!
    I'm on AdGuard v3.1.0 for Android and I have found that Google sync just doesn't work when I have AdGuard enabled. When I go to Settings>Accounts>Google>Account sync and tap on 'Sync now' with AdGuard disabled, everything syncs instantly. But whenever it's enabled, only a few parameters will actually sync. The others will get stuck, presumably waiting for the sync to finish. Is this a known issue, or is it an isolated case? I've attached the logs zip. Thank you in advance!

Attached Files:

2. Chinaski

Chinaski Support Marine Staff Member Administrator Moderator

@djdelarosa25
    Hello!
    Unfortunately, these logs are not enough. You need enter to Advanced settings > Logging level > Record everything.
    Then reproduce the problem.
    Also please specify the time of the issue.

3. djdelarosa25

djdelarosa25 New Member

Hi! Sorry for the late reply. Here you go:
    I pressed the 'Sync now' button at around the 07:01:00 mark and waited for a whole five minutes before exporting the logs. Hope it's helpful.

Attached Files:

4. Wicz

Wicz New Member

I don't seem to have any problems with Google sync (Android Pie, Pixel 2XL).

5. djdelarosa25

djdelarosa25 New Member

Do the two rotating arrows disappear on yours? It's stuck on mine and the date and time of syncing won't update, so that's what led me to assume that sync was broken.

6. Wicz

Wicz New Member

Yes they do, in a "spinning" like way and the last synced date updates also.

7. djdelarosa25

djdelarosa25 New Member

May I ask what filters you use?

8. Wicz

Wicz New Member

Adblocking, Privacy, Social, Language Specific

9. djdelarosa25

djdelarosa25 New Member

Did you whitelist any specific apps? Are you sure you're syncing on WiFi and not mobile data?

10. Wicz

Wicz New Member

11. djdelarosa25

djdelarosa25 New Member

Turns out this is an issue within Android itself. Basically, Android versions 8.1 above, WiFi + VPN gets treated as mobile data/metered for some reason. This is what causes the sync to fail. I tried it myself, Google sync won't work with VPN disabled and mobile data turned on. That must be the case.

12. djdelarosa25

djdelarosa25 New Member

UPDATE: Just tried DNS66 and Google sync is working fine :/ On AG and Blokada, I have issues