[AdGuard Browser Extension] Beta version 2.8.1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blaz

Moderator & Translator
Staff member
FF extension's description in German looks strange. For next version please update languages, made some changes regarding a few strings (not the one in screenshot).

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:

Blaz

Moderator & Translator
Staff member
I did some updates today as somehow I haven't got a notification some strings were updated in Extensions and I just saw some strange translation.

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
I did some updates today as somehow I haven't got a notification some strings were updated in Extensions and I just saw some strange translation.
Ok, thank you! We'll do it before release.

Meanwhile hotfix 2.1.1 is available - fixed an issue with non-utf characters in add-on description.

Blaz

Moderator & Translator
Staff member
Thanks, description fixed now.
But still it doesn't ask if the user wants to enable useful ads list, it just enables it :(

Boo Berry

Moderator + Beta Tester
Can the beta Chrome extension be found on the web store? If not, you guys should consider making it public (like some extensions have a stable and beta extensions in the store, e.g. Tampermonkey).

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Can the beta Chrome extension be found on the web store? If not, you guys should consider making it public (like some extensions have a stable and beta extensions in the store, e.g. Tampermonkey).
No, it's available only by the direct link.

We could make it public, but, I am afraid, that in this case publishing new version may sometimes involve a manual review by the chrome store staff, and that could take a couple of days.

agasoft

Beta Tester
Hello.
Today, I am writing representing the blind users using Adguard with screen readers and assistive technology.
Adguard 6x for WIndows
is now greatly accessible, except Adguard assistant.
No way to open it using keyboard.
Then, I found that all options, witelist, blocklists could be managed using Adguard addon.
However, I am encountering accessibility problem in addon settings interface.
I can see for example, general settings, miselenious...
But, when I press enter on some type of settings, it not open, like it happen press enter on any other link or same page link.
I was able to view only general settings.
Just to view, not to set.
Because controls are not standard, conventional.
For example "Allow useful ads". I can read it, but have no info is this on or off, because I dont here that info. Its not standard checkbox or radio button like in other HTML or PHP forms.
Dont know will be easier to adapt assistant to start using keyboard, or just to made cosmetic changes to addon, to have standard web view.

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
In fact AG extension and desktop program integration is not that deep, they have different sets of settings (and this should be changed in future).

Anyway, as you see in PC version, we now take this into account. Extension design will change in version 3.0 and we'll improve it's accessibility.

---------- Post added at 10:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:39 PM ----------

However, it's a good question how to improve AG assistant accessibility. I don't fully understand how to change element selection process so that it could be clear through the screen reader.

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
v2.1.4 pushed to beta channel in Chrome Store and AMO.

If nothing critical happens tonight it will finally become a release.

Blaz

Moderator & Translator
Staff member
I just found a 2nd section of German in oneskyapp for
Chrome WebStore
which looks newer and contained a few errors. Other additional entry of German in Extension was not translated, only the Chrome WebStore.
Also I don't get any notification emails anymore when some strings got changed/added :(

Blaz

Moderator & Translator
Staff member
Yes, please delete those additional entries. Of course I checked spam folder and nothing there.

Blaz

Moderator & Translator
Staff member
You can ask on my behalf please, sadly I don't have much time currently :(

Status
Not open for further replies.