AdGuard Causes P.I.A VPN Kill Switch to Fail

Discussion in 'Technical Support (AdGuard for Windows)' started by Kool, Nov 28, 2014.

1. Kool

Kool Member

Hello
    I use Privateinternetaccess VPN as I travel a lot and also like the added security it brings . But I cannot use Adguard with it at all because once installed Adguard causes the PIA Kill Switch to fail completely !

The Kill switch in the VPN software is there to prevent your own internet provider connecting should the VPN disconnect , which would expose your identity immediately.

I have tried different settings , but Adguard just wont work with it . Even uninstalling Adguard fails to correct the problem and I have to revert to a true Image backup to get the VPN Kill switch working successfully again.

Hope you can help .
    Thank you

2. avatar

avatar Administrator Staff Member Administrator

3. Kool

Kool Member

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 28, 2014
  4. Nameless

Nameless Beta Tester

Ive used PIA in the past and had issues with the Kill Switch. PIA said it was an issue with me using WIndows 8.1 sometimes the switch would work other times it would not.
    You could alwats set up your device to use their socks proxy, or use this: http://vpnetmon.webs.com/ (i use it for torrents)

5. Dolfi

Dolfi Banned

Pretty bad idea, socks is plain text. No encryption, nothing. Only advantage (in matters of "VPN"): It hides ones IP from the site owner/logger/data_collector. Except that one uses 'workarounds'...
    Way more reliable* (and IMHO easier, once you know HowTo): delete default route, add dedicated route(s) to all (or your wanted) PIA-VPN-servers.

*additional benefit: not another software from untrusted sources on your computer.

6. Kool

Kool Member

Everything's working fine with the beta . P.I.A kill switch is working as before . Have now purchased a lifetime license.
    Hopefully the changes will make it to the release version !!