Adguard causing high DPC Latency

x7007

For example when using Windows 10 Edge browser for example just going msn.com and clicking on one of the links there , causing jumps to 21K !

with Adguard closed , the biggest jump is just 90-200 .

What can cause this issue ? it must be the WDF filter or something. how can we improve the performance of this filter/driver of adguard program ?

For some reason closing Adguard and reopening it doesn't cause issue at the moment..
Like it happens after windows restart only , for now at least from this small testing. I checked with ESET Internet Security , this doesn't cause it as I tried to uninstall and reinstall and disable all protection it still happened till I closed Adguard. They also gave me new version to install 10.1.231.1

Boo Berry

Moderator + Beta Tester
So far, I'm unable to reproduce this with the latest AdGuard for Windows 6.2 beta with Edge, and I'm clicking on countless links/articles on MSN.

x7007

Would it be possible to revert back to older version ? I mean only with Beta you can import export , so if I need to reinstall the official version I'll need to config it from the start .

Boo Berry , could you test it right after windows restart ? and see if it happens.

Because closing adguard and reopening , seems that it doesn't happen after doing that, still using the official version.

Boo Berry

Moderator + Beta Tester
Doesn't happen here, even after a reboot. Latency is still in the green (pretty good, which is great, since I like and use real-time music playback).

x7007

Doesn't happen here, even after a reboot. Latency is still in the green (pretty good, which is great, since I like and use real-time music playback).
I want to install the beta, but like I said , if I need to revert I will need to do all the settings all over again.

Is there no way to update the official version with Import Export option ? why only the beta has this as it's suppose to be a very main feature , I mean if it's there already on the beta , why not on the official ?

Boo Berry

Moderator + Beta Tester
Well, the current 6.2 beta is close to the release candidate/stable release stage now.

But yeah, a lot of changes have been made since 6.1, and there's a chance it's been addressed already in 6.2 - I certainly can't reproduce it,

x7007

I updated to the beta as it seems to improve a lot of things and I need performance at the moment.

x7007

after restart it still happens till I close it and open it. even the beta.

even after I closed it and try to restart it, it doesn't finish loading.. it just show the loading screen and says adguard is loading.

not loading at all. just doesn't open

The service couldn't start , so I needed to start it manually from Services.msc , even when it was Automatic.

So something is really screwed up after windows restart, only when restarting Adguard and reopening it it works fine without issue. maybe it's my network card or something else, because I have SolarFlare 10 GB card , maybe something doesn't load correct , and I have also computer with linux connected to the network. I dunno, you 100% don't have the things I have so you might not have an issue.

Last edited:

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
So the issue now is that AdGuard cannot start for some reason?

Could you please export AG logs via tray menu -> advanced -> export logs?

x7007

So the issue now is that AdGuard cannot start for some reason?

Could you please export AG logs via tray menu -> advanced -> export logs?
It start only when windows start. or after I start it services. when you exit the program it asks you if you want to keep the service running, if you close it the issue start. so I have the issue with latency and also the adguard service when trying to exit including service and restart it.

I will send you the logs, but the dpc is the most annoying issue now.

Also another issue is that Adguard is just not visible in TeamViewer, it is just blank square with transparency

Last edited:

x7007

I have no idea what can cause the issue, when i start it just doesn't stop till I quit adguard. even when it was fixed after windows restart and I closed and opened it and used Teamviewer , the program has back till I closed Adguard again. What setting can cause the issue ? only adguard causing it.

Without adguard I barely reach more than 400 just once when opening chrome or something, and usually it's 900 but again only once because Nvidia driver when it changes it's clock, but it's never reaching 3-4 K every 3-10 sec

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Try switching the driver type to TDI in AdGuard's network settings. Does it help?

x7007

Try switching the driver type to TDI in AdGuard's network settings. Does it help?

I will try but sadly the Adguard menu just doesn't work in teamviewer, I will try Remote control

With Remote Control it works. so I will try . in the network settings

x7007

I disabled the WFP For now it seems to work fine, but we need to give it like 30 min , I'll test teamviewer and such. I tried to open Edge + Chrome and it didn't jump once , again only nvidia drive which always reach 1K but it only one time only.

Last edited:

Boo Berry

Moderator + Beta Tester
Keep in mind when using the TDI driver, filtering for Microsoft Edge isn't possible (which requires the WFP driver). So don't be surprised if ads reappear.

x7007

Keep in mind when using the TDI driver, filtering for Microsoft Edge isn't possible (which requires the WFP driver). So don't be surprised if ads reappear.
I understand, but for now the issue doesn't happen when using Remote Control with TDI in chrome.

EDIT : Seems like TDI fix it. What else does WFP driver does ? why TDI works fine. can you fix it or improve this issue ?

Can this issue be fixed ?

Last edited: