Adguard causing phone reboot on Android 10

Kevin mc

I don't have this problem with any other VPN. I'm using nordvpn all day, no reboots. Only had the issue with adguard installed. Uninstalled it two weeks ago and it hasn't rebooted since
Decided to try out Blokada just to test this "happens with all VPN" theory. Its been working fine, zero reboots so far in two days. I will of course update if it does. Very disappointed that my preferred adblocker (adguard) that i have a lifetime subscription to, had been almost useless to me for months now.

Chinaski

Support Marine
Staff member
Administrator
Well, I guess to make sure it's true, I'm gonna have to ask you to gather a full log.
For this purpose it is necessary:

- AdGuard > Settings > Advanced > Logging Level > Record All.
- Catch reboot.
- Note the time the error occurred and let us know.
- Don't forget to return to the default logging level.
- Logs can be sent to me at PM or on devteam@adguard.com
- Also, you need to Collect Android Bug Report

Thank you in advance for the information provided.

trax4040

Decided to try out Blokada just to test this "happens with all VPN" theory. Its been working fine, zero reboots so far in two days. I will of course update if it does. Very disappointed that my preferred adblocker (adguard) that i have a lifetime subscription to, had been almost useless to me for months now.
Same. Have been using blokada for a few days now. No reboots. I miss adguard though :(

BobbyPhoenix

Well, I guess to make sure it's true, I'm gonna have to ask you to gather a full log.
For this purpose it is necessary:

- AdGuard > Settings > Advanced > Logging Level > Record All.
- Catch reboot.
- Note the time the error occurred and let us know.
- Don't forget to return to the default logging level.
- Logs can be sent to me at PM or on devteam@adguard.com
- Also, you need to Collect Android Bug Report

Thank you in advance for the information provided.
I'll see if I can get the logs you need. This is also happening to me on my Pixel 3 XL running stock Android 10. I get a reboot about every other day. No specific app, routine, or anything I can narrow it down to. I only came here after I searched the issue, and found it's being caused by AdGuard.

Last edited: