AdGuard Chrome VPN Extension - unable to login

EnthusiastX

I can't login to AdGuard Chrome VPN Extension. The account is created and works through AdGuard site, but not through Chrome AdGuard VPN Extension login page. Any ideas? I tried several Chromium-based browsers and my login didn't work in any of them through AdGuard VPN extension.

Maybe some other license of subscription are required?

Chinaski

Support Marine
Staff member
Administrator

EnthusiastX

Thanks! I will look into it. Are there more technical details about AdGuard extension? I assume it can't work as a true 2/3 Layer VPN like encrypted OpenVPN-supporting services, can it?

Do you plan on creating similar VPN extension for mobile Firefox? Firefox (and Tor) are the only 2 mobile browers on Android that support installation of add-ons.

Chinaski

Support Marine
Staff member
Administrator
It's very similar that you're entering incorrect data.
Could you please send a screenshot from the background, the network tab, after you tried to log in to the extension?

EnthusiastX

You were right. I feel stupid now :D. It works! I tested BrowserLeaks and latency is excellent! For a free service, this is really good! So... If I connect to a paid VPN via OpenVPN with VPN-provided DNS and then use Chromium-based browser with AdGuard VPN extension, would that add an additional layer or privacy and security?

My main concern is that AdGuard VPN Extension requires a person to login to AdGuard account. That means AdGuard would receive paid-VPN IP address and such, wouldn't it? Would that AdGuard login info leak somewhere else?

EnthusiastX

For some reason I am unable to connect to any AdGuard VPN Servers using AdGuard VPN extension. It simply says "Server is tot responding". I tried both Chrome and Firefox. The extension logs me into my account without problems, but it won't create VPN connections. Network monitoring tools do not show any new IP's on the list or that Firefox/Chrome attempts to connect to new IP addresses when I try connect to AdGuard VPN Servers. Any ideas? Are there incompatible extensions? It doesn't connect in Private mode either...

Blaz

Moderator & Translator
Staff member
Tried US server New Yorked, work. You can try to reinstall the extension if that one fails for you too.

EnthusiastX

Yeah, it connects on other devices... Does it rely on any specific Windows services or drivers? I tweak the hell out of my laptop, especially the network part. Is there some way to troubleshoot it? To verify logs?

Does AdGuard plan to add OpenVPN support? Also, I don't know what AdGuard means when it talks about AdGuard VPN being "clean" compared to other VPN's, but plenty of websites detect AdGuard VPN as VPN/Proxy and don't allow access and/or registration to prevent abuse. Because some people do abuse VPN's, it was bound to happen, but I didn't expect it to happen so quickly...

EnthusiastX

Hmm... It works with Tor as far as connecting to servers, but because of how Tor works, the actual internet/websites don't work. Strange because Tor is based on Firefox.