Adguard conflicts with Webroot Antivirus

RickM

New Member
Hi Guys,

Ok somes news,

I hang off with the Webroot escalation team, and we was able to reproduce the problem.

We think that the trouble may how the new version of the Webroot Window agent handle the network after a reboot or a computer sleep and that could interfere with Adguard.

For now , we downgraded my Window PC to a older version 9.0.30.75 to work alongside with Adguard and everything is ok now

Webroot team are aware of this issues and they will work on a fix on a futur version (no ETA for now)

It's the farest that I can go for now, I will see for the futur.

Thanks and have a nice day
Hi.
I may have a work-around for you. When Adguard is broken, and breaks the browsers, killing the adguard executable and service and restarting Adguard fixes the problem, until you reboot.
Regards, Rick
I set the Adguard service for a delayed start and that seems to have fixed things.
 

Bonsky

New Member
Hi.
I may have a work-around for you. When Adguard is broken, and breaks the browsers, killing the adguard executable and service and restarting Adguard fixes the problem, until you reboot.
Regards, Rick
I set the Adguard service for a delayed start and that seems to have fixed things.
Thanks Rick for your workaround suggestion, You're right, it work when WSA service start first then Adguard, I see it with Webroot costumer service agent but the trouble is when we go in sleep mode, on awake, both services coming up in the same time and the computer reconnect to the network and the trouble goes agains.

For Weboot, it's a big issue, they want avoid any futur conflict with other and legitimate program using the network adapter (firewall, vpn ect.) the escalation agent that I talked said that there somes report on conflict with Zone Alarms firewall and WSA too

Have a nice day
 

TimucinPusat

New Member
I coudnt't do this. Vivaldi browser doesn't work. I told to adguard months ago this issue and they told that they will fix it but so for they did nothing. they liad. Shame on them. I'm pro user and I can not use this silly app. I don't trust adguard anymore.
 

Boo Berry

Moderator + Beta Tester
Moderator
Actually, it seems like it's up to Webroot to fix on their end. Maybe you should ask them about it?
 

TimucinPusat

New Member
Actually, it seems like it's up to Webroot to fix on their end. Maybe you should ask them about it?

Why? Webroot was working without any problem before installing/updating Adguard and it works well after. But Adguard started to crash after installing/updating it, began not to work properly, not opening and preventing browsers from connecting to the Internet and other issues like sometimes Windows start button not responding. All these issues until uninstalling Adguard. Then everything is on its way. In this case who is responsible in your opinion. Webroot? Maybe. But at least they are both have to deal with it, talk each other on it and solve it, not me as a user.

By the way, Webroot told me through mail that they'd been still working on the issue and we have to wait. So hope they can solve this soon.
 

Boo Berry

Moderator + Beta Tester
Moderator
Because from what I've been reading, the main issue is with Webroot and is something that they have to fix on their end.
 

TimucinPusat

New Member
Because from what I've been reading, the main issue is with Webroot and is something that they have to fix on their end.
I talk to you about what I have been experiencing as other users, not what I've read. As I said of course it's possible either. But I'm the last one to know and to solve it. It's Adguard and Webroot's business or one of them.
 

TimucinPusat

New Member
Adgurd said to me via mail:

On November 22, 2021 14:18:14 adbuker <notifications@github.com> wrote:

we are very sorry for the delay, we just published the new driver's version, but the issue still exists. I can't specify an exact date, but we'll fix it, and we'll try to do it faster.
We can't use Adguard on PC. So we are waiting you. Thanks.
 
Top