Adguard Cyprus - Didn't Expect This

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
From what I understand you mean to say that managing an offshore company is hard for a small entity like Adguard but not so much for Google and Apple. Is that right?
Offshore is simple, you basically can buy one for $500 and use it.

Managing an EU company means that you need an office, employees, literally doing business from there. Cost of doing it depends on the country and considerably higher in Ireland.

UMX

WHAT THE FUCK, dude?!
Adguard is in no way obliged to answer your ridiculous questions.
Avatar doing so makes me feel he's wasting resources on calming you down (he'll never convince you).

Take it or leave it - you're not obliged to use "KGB-software" or to support sharks, immoral people, tax avoiders.

My problem with you? Same approach and appearance as #MeToo and other shitstorming dumbfucks, now targeting a company I adore and rely on. I sincerely object your complete approach: A companies business is not yours.

Last edited:

UMX

BTW: What if evil Putin himself ordered Adguard to relocate? Avatar would risk being poisoned by KGB if he admitted...

gotitbro

@UMX What is hyping you up so much? When did I ever insinuate that I am accusing Adguard of these things? Simply putting genuine questions up for sudden changes in T&C is now me trying to propagandize, is it.

I use Adguard products as well and like them as well that does not mean me as a customer and user do not have the right ask questions about the T&C I myself am being asked to follow.

Your problem seems to be with the fact that you seem to think I have some problem with a Russian company which I sure do not. I will not be continuing this conversation with you further as you probably don't even seem to get what is being said and asked here.

UMX

@gotitbro your (ridiculous) approach is 'hyping' me.
The location of a company has simply no actual meaning. Companies (managements) are abused and/or blackmailed - no matter where the HQ or branches are.

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
@UMX calm down, please. These are legit questions and not accusations.

I suppose that the company should be as transparent as possible (to some extent, of course, I am not ready to unveil specific financial indicators for instance).
It is especially important for a company like ours as AG is a filtering software capable of doing a lot.

UMX

@UMX calm down, please. These are legit questions and not accusations.

I suppose that the company should be as transparent as possible (to some extent, of course, I am not ready to unveil specific financial indicators for instance).

It is especially important for a company like ours as AG is a filtering software capable of doing a lot.
You're aware how useful it is to ask s/o "Are you a liar/thief/malware/...?"?

UMX

BTW:
"Though companies in Cyprus and other tax havens generally tend to the shady side, making Adguard harder to reach also makes it seem like they are trying to subvert laws." <-- statement
"You love Moscow but don't want to pay taxes there, interesting." <-- statement
etc.pp
"Do you do this to avoid paying taxes?" <-- question

Know the difference.

gotitbro

@avatar Thanks, I just wanted some questions answered for me and the community at large. I was quite taken aback to see a different company in the EULA as there was no official announcement about this change from Adguard.

I think such a change should have been announced on the official channels with the reasons for it as it impacts all users on all platforms. The EULA also doesn't mention the last date it was updated maybe add that as well.

What happened with Performix LLC? Was it assimilated with the new entity?

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
@avatar Thanks, I just wanted some questions answered for me and the community at large. I was quite taken aback to see a different company in the EULA as there was no official announcement about this change from Adguard.
No problem. We should've announced it to the community, but I didn't want to hurry after the initial fail with Ireland. Also, the transition is still in progress (you can still see Performix in AppStore or Google Play). It takes time to transfer accounts between companies.

I think such a change should have been announced on the official channels with the reasons for it as it impacts all users on all platforms. The EULA also doesn't mention the last date it was updated maybe add that as well.
Btw, it won't be a problem in future:
https://github.com/AdguardTeam/LegalDocs

What happened with Performix LLC? Was it assimilated with the new entity?
It still operates and provides development services and it will keep doing it (we're likely to rename it later). Companies from different countries cannot be "united" into a single entity. For instance, there are "Google Ireland" in EU and "ООО Гугл" in Russia.

gotitbro

@avatar Yes, I noticed Performix still being mentioned in the Apps. Nice to see the legal documents on GitHub, it would be even better if the last modified/updated date can be shown on the EULA page as well https://adguard.com/en/eula.html.

It still operates and provides development services and it will keep doing it (we're likely to rename it later). Companies from different countries cannot be "united" into a single entity. For instance, there are "Google Ireland" in EU and "ООО Гугл" in Russia.
I get it, Performix still does the development as mentioned by you earlier that all development is mostly done in Moscow and Adguard Cyprus is like the legal entity for Adguard right?

While companies aren't/can't be united into a single entity per se a public company such as Google's Alphabet still has to report all its subsidiaries and their revenue to the SEC and thus ultimately acting as the holding company for all its operations. And I believe either Performix or Adguard Cyprus is fulfilling a role of a holding company here?

Also what would be the legal name for Performix in Russian? Since Russia doesn't use English names for companies maybe you should put the Russian legal name along with Performix LLC (wherever its is mentioned) so an individual or entity can further validate that information (see the business standing of a company).

Don't rename it if possible. Its a nice name ;)

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
While companies aren't/can't be united into a single entity per se a public company such as Google's Alphabet still has to report all its subsidiaries and their revenue to the SEC and thus ultimately acting as the holding company for all its operations. And I believe either Performix or Adguard Cyprus is fulfilling a role of a holding company here?
Nope, Performix does not belong to Adguard Software Ltd at least at the moment. Frankly, I don't know whether it should or not (I am more of a tech guy) so I prefer to trust our financial advisors.

Also what would be the legal name for Performix in Russian? Since Russia doesn't use English names for companies maybe you should put the Russian legal name along with Performix LLC (wherever its is mentioned) so an individual or entity can further validate that information (see the business standing of a company).
Sure, it's "ООО Перформикс".