[AdGuard DNS] Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.

thedicemaster

Beta Tester
I thought the servers where down, but it looks like somehow this isn't compatible with the PlayStation vita.
I have it working fine on my new3DS, but on my vita i don't get any dns responses.

shouldn't any dns work with any device?

lordman

The only thing I don't like is Adguard DNS doesn't work on 3g/4g networks :(
If you have an android rooted device you can do that using DNS Changer (for example). There are some apps that can do that.

I have been using opendns from a some years and now i will be test with AdGuard DNS.

thedicemaster

Beta Tester
as I said, no DNS responses.
it reports it has no internet connection at all, but it is possible to visit websites through the browser by using their IP addresses.

lordman

A little life hack - you can visit Russian branch of the forum, there we have a special section for phishing websites: https://forum.adguard.com/index.php?forums/26/
You can look through some older threads that have [Решено] (means [Solved]) tags in their names.
¿Why doesn't show malware or phishing page alerts?, Users doesn't know if a site is unreacheable or it is blocked by AdGuard.

Last edited:

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
I thought the servers where down, but it looks like somehow this isn't compatible with the PlayStation vita.
I have it working fine on my new3DS, but on my vita i don't get any dns responses.

shouldn't any dns work with any device?
It should, what exactly is wrong with Vita? Does it have a browser of some kind showing any error?

¿Why doesn't show malware or phishing page alerts?, Users doesn't know if a site is unreacheable or it is blocked by AdGuard.
For now we just redirect such domains to a blackhole. In future we will resolve it to a special website with a message describing what's wrong with the site.

thedicemaster

Beta Tester
today nothing is wrong.
I tried again today to give you the error code it gives(not that it means much to you, it would probably be a vague Sony error code) but now it works without problems.

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
We've updated the DNS server software recently, some minor bugfixes and such, maybe it has helped:)

Status
Not open for further replies.