[AdGuard DNS] Beta

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
But is there a reason why 176.103.130.130 goes to New York with 100ms ping and 176.103.130.131 goes to California with 26ms ping? If they're anycast IPs, shouldn't they both point to the closest/fastest California server?
176.103.130.130 points to NY and Moscow.
176.103.130.131 points to SF and Moscow.

Release configuration will be something like that:
176.103.130.13* points to NY, SF, Moscow and Amsterdam

TairikuOkami

I also notice that playing back videos on YouTube.com gets a noticeable delay when using the Adguard DNS servers and I don't know why? Videos never starts to play like they use to, which would be immediately . Instead there is a delay of 1-5 seconds before anything starts playing when using the Adguard DNS servers.
I have noticed that too, I have added uBlock Origin with Privacy filters (no AD blocking) and youtube videos now start instantaneously. A perfect combo. :cool:

Rajeevan

Beta Tester
I am Happy after a few days with Adguard DNS inside my Router.. No slowdown..though it may occur naturally due to my ISP's technical slips sometimes..Perfect..

Last edited:

TairikuOkami

I have noticed that too, I have added uBlock Origin with Privacy filters (no AD blocking) and youtube videos now start instantaneously. A perfect combo. :cool:
For the record, that delay is caused by somewhat blocked youtube video AD.
The delay can be also removed by using Adblock for Youtube only, for Chrome:

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/adblock-for-youtube/cmedhionkhpnakcndndgjdbohmhepckk

EDIT: The filter I used to solved it in UO was "Fanboy's Enhanced Tracking List", but it broke webpages, so I moved to the the alternative.

Last edited:

doctorwizz

This Adguard DNS should be possible to block youtube ads on IOS.
I've been using the Adfreetime DNS and it blocks YT ads on IOS 7 Apple TV 3, Android, Tivo etc.
I haven't tried the Adguard DNS yet. If they can do it, I would think Adguard could.

vasily_bagirov

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
This Adguard DNS should be possible to block youtube ads on IOS.
There will still be some ads on YouTube. To block all of them we'd have to blacklist some youtube servers that ads are loaded from, but that would block videos themselves.

ag_bug_finder

Beta Tester
There will still be some ads on YouTube. To block all of them we'd have to blacklist some youtube servers that ads are loaded from, but that would block videos themselves.
I thought it would use other servers to get the video if some particular servers are down.
Just a total guess though, not sure of this at all...

I suppose we could try it....

TairikuOkami

The last few days there have been a lot of downtimes, pages failed to load due to dns error. I had to disable AG DNS for now. :(

thedicemaster

Beta Tester
I don't notice any significant delays, but I do often get videos at much lower resolutions.
videos over Wi-Fi that go up to 1080p60 start on 240p, and need to be manually set higher.

this is probably related.