AdGuard DNS blocks Discord

Uhoo

Hi,

I cannot access Discord on iOS with AdGuard DNS enabled. I have tested the following:

AdGuard DNS (QUIC): blocked
AdGuard DNS (DoH): blocked
AdGuard DNS No Filtering (QUIC): works
AdGuard DNS No Filtering (DoH): works
Cloudflare DNS (DoH): works
System DNS: works

All tests were performed with the same set of filter rules, toggling airplane mode after the VPN was re-enabled, force quitting then re-opening the app, and verifying that a proper connection was established. Discord.com/Discord.gg were also on the allowlist though they weren’t blocked according to the activity log.

I hope this can be quickly addressed because I miss the filtered DNS already. =\

Uhoo

As of February 8th, I still cannot connect. I tracerted the following Discord-related urls successfully while connected to AdGuard DNS and AdGuard DNS (no filtering):

discord.com
gateway.discord.gg
discordapp.com
media.discordapp.net
latency.discord.media
cdn.discordapp.com
images-ext-1.discordapp.net
e69896.dscapi6.akamaiedge.net

When attempting to use the app while connected to AdGuard DNS, I’m stuck on “Connecting..” inside the app for over a minute. It takes fifteen seconds or so for the app to realize it has an issue. The activity log seems to only process the following before stalling:

discord.com
gateway.discord.gg

Any advice on how this can be resolved would be appreciated. Discord connectivity seems to be the only connectivity-related issue I’ve had since late January.

kenjiwing

I am also having this issue.. ive tried whitelisting all kinds of discord urls with no luck. Can someone please fix this?

Blaz

Moderator & Translator
Staff member
Issue seems to be specific to iOS only AS I cannot reproduce on my Android, so it looks like it is not a filters issue (unless iOS requests different servers).

Fmd3421

[QUOTE = "ricosuave، وظيفة: 209261 عضو: 44595"]
نفس المشكلة هنا على iOS. لا بد لي من إيقاف تشغيل Adguard في أي وقت لم أكن أستخدم فيه Discord.
[/اقتبس]

Nastrahl

Issue seems to be specific to iOS only AS I cannot reproduce on my Android, so it looks like it is not a filters issue (unless iOS requests different servers).
I've got this issue on Android using NextDNS.

When set in Android's Private DNS it's working
As soon as i set it to AdGuard it stop working, using both DoH or DoT.

NextDNS nor AdGuard shows anything filtered.

tammyglan

Hi, I had a similar problem with a MacBook, and I was looking for an answer on reddit. After several manipulations with the security settings, I managed to use discord.st fully.