Adguard DNS down?

Jecht_Sin

Yesterday, April 29th 2018, my Apple TV 4K went banana. I have set it to use the Adguard DNS 176.103.130.130 (it allows only one server). It took me a while to figure out it was something with the DNS because, typical Murphy's law, it happened just after I have reset my NAS since my SMB connections were failing (unless they were related). I restored the default DNS and it worked.

So I checked in internet and the whole adguard.com site seemed to be down (the forums were up, though). At the same time, though, my Android TV, which uses both Adguard DNS servers 176.103.130.130 and 176.103.130.131 seemed fine. As soon as I could access adguard.com I changed the Apple TV's DNS back to Adguard DNS and it worked.

Was there a downtime for real or it was an issue on my side? In that case, any chance we can get a notification in the site and/or forums next time? Thanks.

Bayazid B. Halim

Seems to me that the AdGuard DNS is just often down. It's why I asked for a fallback DNS option for the Android app and hope that Simple DNSCrypt will pick up multiple, tiered/prioritized DNS again like the older versions.

Jecht_Sin

Ah, strange. I never had issues before with my Apple TV 4K and Android TV directly using only Adguard DNS (not via the app, just the DNS), though.