Adguard DNS, non family version blocks disney+ app on android/android tv

Sailorsonic

Beta Tester
it just started happening recently , about 3 days or so ago. if i set my router to use adguard dns it won't let the disney+ app (android and android tv) to connect. when use any other dns servers the issue goes away. There must of been a server added recently that disney+ app on android needs to connect to that's being blocked. For now i've used a workaround using 1.1.1.1 vpn app only when i want use disney+ on my android devices. I hope you guys can find what server it is and unblock it as its affecting the app.

gman

noticed the same issue as well. I've had to switch over to 1.1.1.1 in the meantime.
it appears blocked across all devices so must be a disney address that needs to be whitelisted.

Chinaski

Quality Assurance
Staff member
Administrator
Hello, @Sailorsonic @gman!
Is the problem still relevant? What type of server is used in this process? Could you send a screenshot of a locked disney+ page/app?

Boo Berry

Moderator + Beta Tester
I've noticed, when using AdGuard Home, that logging into Disney+ isn't possible.

I've had to whitelist some domains to get it to work, here's a few I've whitelisted...

Code:
@@||search-api-disney.svcs.dssott.com^$important
@@||gkylt3jy.r.us-west-2.awstrack.me^$important
@@||disneyplus.com^$important
@@||disney-plus.net^$important
It's probably something that'll need to be narrowed down more.

Summi

Still a problem.
I just deployed Adguard DNS 94.140.15.15 via dhcp to all my clients and a view minutes later my kids and wife got quite nervous as Disney+ on FireTV stopped working. Luckily for me they needed a toilet break anyway so I had enough time to rollback the change and blame the Disney+ servers. ;)

Blaz

Moderator & Translator
Staff member
Login working fine here. Cannot check as it is a paywall ans they do not offer a free trial :(