Adguard Firefox Extension

Discussion in 'Release Notes (Beta Versions)' started by avatar, Apr 30, 2014.

1. avatar

avatar Administrator Staff Member Administrator

Hello all!

We are pleased to announce that our Firefox extension is now ready for the beta test.
    It is not yet ready for open beta though but I hope with your help we will fix it soon:)

How to install
    1. Download xpi file from this link: http://chrome.adtidy.org/app.html?app=main.xpi
    2. Drag this xpi to Firefox

One more notice. As I know (please correct me if I am wrong) Adguard's Firefox extension is the first original (not based on abp code) ad blocking extension over the past 5+ years.

2. Boo Berry

Boo Berry Moderator + Beta Tester Moderator

I think you're right though I'm not sure if OSM! Adblocker is based on ABP or not.

Does Adblock for Windows integration work? Haven't tried yet! If so, I've got another question (applies to the Chrome/Opera extensions too); If I have the English filter enabled in the extension, does it clash with Adguard for Windows' filtering in any way? Or does the extensions detect the main program and disable all filtering features? Do the extensions "pass" filters created in the extensions to the main program?

Also, is there a list of known issues? I don't want to report the obvious, obviously. :p

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 30, 2014
  3. Accel

Accel Beta Tester

not working on Palemoon.. please check it.

4. avatar

Not yet, we'll enable it in the next beta.

If main program was detected -- extension just does nothing.

Firefox - not yet. Chrome/Opera - yes.

Not yet

---------- Post added at 11:34 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:34 AM ----------

Thanks, we'll check it.

5. Accel

Accel Beta Tester

i think you're wrong. silent block is using regex to do adblocking ( not abp code ) and it is still updated. :)

6. Venky

Venky Beta Tester

by default the counter stays at 99 even if the individual page count is different.

[​IMG]

7. avatar

Does it happen every time on every web site?

---------- Post added at 06:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:26 PM ----------

Mm, for me url blocking is not ad blocking.
    Disconnect and Ghostery are not ad blockers, so why silent block is?:)

8. Accel

Accel Beta Tester

it is not url blocking. they are using regex to block ads.

it is the same as adsblocking in squid which block file rather than url

some regex filters
    Code:
    \/stats\/(\w*|\d*|\w*\d*|\d*\w*)\.(php|js)
    \/b\.scorecardresearch\.com\/beacon\.js
    \/ik(|e)lan\/.*[\w\d\-\_]*\.(gif|png|jpg|php)
    \.arenabola\.\w*\/\w*\/\w*.gif
    \.doremibet\.\w*\/\w*.gif
    \.onclinic24\.\w*\/\w*.gif

Last edited: May 2, 2014
  9. Venky

Venky Beta Tester

10. avatar

Looks like a bug but I cannot reproduce it.

1. Which version of Firefox you use?
    2. Could you please open "Tools" - "Web Developer" - "Browser Console" and look for JS errors there?

11. Pentlands

Pentlands Beta Tester

To a degree i can reproduce this, i did in Firefox 28.0, and just again after upgrading to Firefox 29.0.

To reproduce the issue on the webpage Venky links to you need to start the slideshow then sit back for 10-15 minutes [alternatively manually use the menu to scroll through the slideshow, which is faster.] , each 'slide' results in one ad being blocked which is verified by the rising count in the toolbar icon, it rises until it gets to 99 then it stops rising.

My guess is it stops rising when it gets to 99 as that is the limit set for the number of characters allowed within the taskbar icon, and more than likely the source of the issue?

When it reaches 99 it does appear to have a knock on effect for other Tabs, or other open instances of Firefox, in that the toolbar counter will sometimes been seen rising from 0 to <enter random number> then disappear from that tab etc... yet it remains on the original tab/window at 99.

There doesn't appear to be a set pattern for what happens when the counter reaches 99, not one that I've been able to reliably replicate, other than when the counter reaches 99 in any FF tab/browser the counter remains erratic until that window/tab where 99 is reached is closed.

Fyi, clicking on the taskbar icon does show the correct number of blocked ads in that session and also the correct (afaict) total blocked ads.

Hope that helps.

P.S. Where should i post for other Firefox Extension issues?... Beta Testing > Quality Control for instance?

---------- Post added at 09:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:17 PM ----------

Contents of my JS > Errors log, no idea what it means but hope it helps:

docShell.QueryInterface(...).sessionHistory is null content-sessionStore.js:230
    Unknown property '-moz-box-shadow'. Declaration dropped. widget.html:38
    Expected 'none' or URL but found 'progid'. Error in parsing value for 'filter'. Declaration dropped. style.css:301
    Unknown property '-moz-opacity'. Declaration dropped. style.css:302
    Expected 'none' or URL but found 'progid'. Error in parsing value for 'filter'. Declaration dropped. style.css:307
    Unknown property '-moz-opacity'. Declaration dropped. style.css:308
    Unknown property 'user-select'. Declaration dropped. style.css:361
    Unknown property '-moz-border-radius'. Declaration dropped. style.css:377
    Unknown pseudo-class or pseudo-element '-webkit-input-placeholder'. Ruleset ignored due to bad selector. style.css:949
    Expected 'none' or URL but found 'progid'. Error in parsing value for 'filter'. Declaration dropped. my.css:40
    Unknown property '-moz-opacity'. Declaration dropped. my.css:41
    Expected 'none' or URL but found 'progid'. Error in parsing value for 'filter'. Declaration dropped. my.css:47
    Unknown property '-moz-opacity'. Declaration dropped. my.css:48
    Expected media feature name but found '-webkit-min-device-pixel-ratio'. my.css:229
    Expected media feature name but found 'min-device-pixel-ratio'. my.css:229
    Unknown property 'user-select'. Declaration dropped. my.css:269
    Selector expected. Ruleset ignored due to bad selector. newnavcss.cms:2
    Expected 'none' or URL but found 'progid'. Error in parsing value for 'filter'. Declaration dropped. showphotocss.cms:1
    Expected 'none' or URL but found 'progid'. Error in parsing value for 'filter'. Declaration dropped. showphotocss.cms:2
    Expected declaration but found '*'. Skipped to next declaration. showphotocss.cms:2
    Unknown property 'swidth'. Declaration dropped. showphotocss.cms:4
    Expected declaration but found '*'. Skipped to next declaration. showphotocss.cms:7
    Error in parsing value for 'font-style'. Declaration dropped. showphotocss.cms:10
    Unknown property 'smax-width'. Declaration dropped. showphotocss.cms:10
    Unknown property 'sheight'. Declaration dropped. showphotocss.cms:10
    Unknown property 'zoom'. Declaration dropped. showphotocss.cms:11
    Unknown property 'user-select'. Declaration dropped. showphotocss.cms:12
    Expected declaration but found '~'. Skipped to next declaration. showphotocss.cms:13
    Expected end of value but found '11px�'. Error in parsing value for 'padding'. Declaration dropped. showphotocss.cms:13
    Expected end of value but found '18px�'. Error in parsing value for 'padding'. Declaration dropped. showphotocss.cms:14
    Expected declaration but found '/'. Skipped to next declaration. showphotocss.cms:14
    Expected end of value but found '2px�'. Error in parsing value for 'padding'. Declaration dropped. showphotocss.cms:14
    Expected ',' or '{' but found 'html'. Ruleset ignored due to bad selector. showphotocss.cms:14
    Expected declaration but found '*'. Skipped to next declaration. showphotocss.cms:14
    Unknown property 'zoom'. Declaration dropped. showphotocss.cms:14
    Expected end of value but found '�'. Error in parsing value for 'padding'. Declaration dropped. showphotocss.cms:28
    Expected 'none' or URL but found 'alpha('. Error in parsing value for 'filter'. Declaration dropped. showphotocss.cms:34
    Error in parsing value for 'font-size'. Declaration dropped. showphotocss.cms:36
    Selector expected. Ruleset ignored due to bad selector. showphotocss.cms:40
    Error in parsing value for 'height'. Declaration dropped. showphotocss.cms:44
    Error in parsing value for 'display'. Declaration dropped. showphotocss.cms:46
    Expected declaration but found '*'. Skipped to next declaration. showphotocss.cms:46
    Unknown property '-moz-border-radius'. Declaration dropped. 34037628.cms
    Expected declaration but found '*'. Skipped to next declaration. 34037628.cms
    Unknown property '-moz-box-shadow'. Declaration dropped. 34037628.cms:469
    Unknown property '-moz-box-shadow'. Declaration dropped. 34037628.cms:1
    Unknown property '-moz-border-radius-topleft'. Declaration dropped. 34037628.cms:1
    Unknown property '-moz-border-radius-topright'. Declaration dropped. 34037628.cms:1
    Unknown property '-moz-border-radius'. Declaration dropped. 34037628.cms:1
    Error in parsing value for 'position'. Declaration dropped. 34037628.cms:711
    Unknown property 'align'. Declaration dropped. slider2.cms:1
    Cross-Origin Request Blocked: The Same Origin Policy disallows reading the remote resource at http://static.rewards.indiatimes.com/js/Fonts/Roboto-Regular-webfont.woff. This can be fixed by moving the resource to the same domain or enabling CORS. Roboto-Regular-webfont.woff
    downloadable font: download failed (font-family: "robotoregular" style:normal weight:normal stretch:normal src index:1): bad URI or cross-site access not allowed
    source: http://static.rewards.indiatimes.com/js/Fonts/Roboto-Regular-webfont.woff
    Cross-Origin Request Blocked: The Same Origin Policy disallows reading the remote resource at http://static.rewards.indiatimes.com/js/Fonts/Roboto-Regular-webfont.ttf. This can be fixed by moving the resource to the same domain or enabling CORS. Roboto-Regular-webfont.ttf
    downloadable font: download failed (font-family: "robotoregular" style:normal weight:normal stretch:normal src index:2): bad URI or cross-site access not allowed
    source: http://static.rewards.indiatimes.com/js/Fonts/Roboto-Regular-webfont.ttf
    downloadable font: no supported format found (font-family: "robotoregular" style:normal weight:normal stretch:normal src index:4)
    source: (end of source list)
    SyntaxError: JSON.parse: unexpected character at line 16 column 1 of the JSON data adguard_assistant-2.0.29.js:126
    "jquery handler" pgshowphotojs.cms:121
    "test" pgshowphotojs.cms:128
    POST https://safebrowsing.google.com/safebrowsing/downloads [HTTP/1.1 200 OK 109ms]
    GET https://safebrowsing-cache.google.c...oqGKKPAgD_________________________fzIFoY8CAAE [HTTP/1.1 200 OK 109ms]
    GET https://safebrowsing-cache.google.c...oLXNoYXZhchAAGO3wEyCA8RMqB3H4BAD__wAyBW34BAAP [HTTP/1.1 200 OK 31ms]
    GET http://b.scorecardresearch.com/b [HTTP/1.1 204 No Content 31ms]
    GET https://chrome.adtidy.org/checkfilterversions.html [HTTP/1.1 200 OK 484ms]
    GET https://chrome.adtidy.org/checkversion.html [HTTP/1.1 200 OK 578ms]
    POST http://ocsp.godaddy.com/ [HTTP/1.1 200 OK 125ms]

12. Boo Berry

Boo Berry Moderator + Beta Tester Moderator

Okay, I notice there's a new build (1.0.2.0) and it's much improved. The only issue I've noticed thus far (Adguard for Windows detection/integration) is that sometimes the count changes from all (indicating integration's working) and where it begins to start blocking ads (indicated by a number) at random. But if I force refresh a page when this occurs, sometimes it'll change back to all for the count. This is VERY apparent on new tabs. An example url where this is happening often enough; http://www.ky3.com/weather

Other times, more rarely, there's a situation where a page will load up with no all or number indicator. And I'm not talking about when starting the browser with a homepage - that's a extension limitation I believe. I mean after the extension has been loaded and after some other pages have been browsed.

Last edited by a moderator: May 20, 2014