AdGuard for Android 1.0 beta version

Boo Berry

Moderator + Beta Tester
Moderator
HTTPS-sites *seem* to work fine, will test that some more. But maybe it's the port the PRL/profile URL is trying to connect to that has something to do with this?
 
Last edited by a moderator:

Boo Berry

Moderator + Beta Tester
Moderator
Awesome! The only other thing I've noticed is when switching from WiFi to mobile or vice versa on a rooted device, filtering is disabled and not automatically re-enabled or carried over between the two.
 

Uru

Beta Tester
I just installed the app. It works well in the android browser. Unfortunately Adguard doesn't filter Puffin browser flash ads. =(
 

avatar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
@Boo, I think I understand now what's the problem with PRL update.

In theory Adguard in automatic proxy mode should not handle connections to port 443.
But in your log I see that it happens.

So my suggestion is that you have set up proxy manually for your WIFI network.
Could you please check it?
 

avatar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Got it. The bug is somehow caused by language setting.

---------- Post added at 09:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:45 PM ----------

I've found the cause. Adguard will crash if we have no localization for your device language.
We'll fix it soon.
 

f1vefour

Beta Tester
When running the Android application SoundWire the audio is not working, it plays for a second then goes out for many seconds. The app sends the audio from a server on your PC to your Android device over your network.

The sound is fine over HTTP on my rooted Galaxy Nexus while SoundWire is running. Let me know of any diagnostic steps and I am happy to perform and report back.

Device: Galaxy Tab 3 10.1
OS: KitKat 4.4.2
Method: VPN

Ticket ID: FCQ-235-28887
 

avatar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Hi @f1vefour!

I have sent you some instructions on how to get full log.
Something wrong with the TCP stack, I see lots of TCP retransmits in the log but I can't understand what cause them without full log.

---------- Post added at 10:39 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:35 AM ----------

Yep, that seems to work fine. So it's a bug in automatic proxy mode?
Not sure. I think that the problem is that you were using manual proxy settings along with automatic redirect and they have messed each other.

Could you test them once again. But while testing Proxy+Automatic, make sure that there are no proxy settings for the WiFi network you use.
 

Boo Berry

Moderator + Beta Tester
Moderator
Not sure. I think that the problem is that you were using manual proxy settings along with automatic redirect and they have messed each other.

Could you test them once again. But while testing Proxy+Automatic, make sure that there are no proxy settings for the WiFi network you use.
Just tested again using automatic and made sure there's no proxy settings and it still does it. Weird.
 

f1vefour

Beta Tester
Thanks avatar, I emailed the full log to you.

I didn't see the relevant bit in the log but there are certainly a lot of retransmissions being logged, hopefully you can see the issue. There is a free version of the offending Android app if you need to test locally.

Let me know if you need anything else and I'm happy to help.
 
Last edited by a moderator:

avatar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
with the update i got the crash too.
Hm, thought we've fixed it. I'll check it again, thank you!

---------- Post added at 11:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:24 PM ----------

SoundWire issue resolved in 1.0.370, thanks.
It's resolved thanks to you:)

---------- Post added at 11:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:26 PM ----------

Just tested again using automatic and made sure there's no proxy settings and it still does it. Weird.
Could be fixed in 1.0.370.
 
Top