Administrator
Again I see in logs this request:
Code:
CONNECT https://oma.ssprov.sprint.com:443 HTTP/1.1
Proxy-Connection: close
User-Agent: samsung/SPH-L710 MEID/99000449685237 samsung/1.2
Host: oma.ssprov.sprint.com:443
But that's not possible:(
The only situation when such request is sent is when you have native proxy set up.

Adguard does not use it in your case (we use iptables to redirect traffic so it is not native proxy).

Does internet work if you disable Adguard? Maybe one of our previous version has set up native proxy for you and has not cleaned it up?

f1vefour

Beta Tester
Does the current version filter app ads?

Because I noticed in the log it said it was disabled and I see no way to enable it, also ads are not being filtered for the few apps that have them.

*edit*
Disregard, it is filtering ads I will just need to locate the URLs of the ads that are missed and create a filter.

There is no setting to enable and disable application filtering? Is this by design?

Last edited by a moderator:

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
There is no setting to enable and disable application filtering? Is this by design?
We have disabled app filtering in the version for Google Play.
So if you see an app with ads blocked - this is a bug and it should be fixed.

After release in GP we will also introduce a standalone apk version which can filter apps traffic.

Boo Berry

Moderator + Beta Tester
Hmmm, I'll try a clean ROM flash and see if the issue persists.

---------- Post added at 10:47 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:29 AM ----------

Happens with a clean ROM install.

---------- Post added at 12:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:47 AM ----------

And it happens with Adblock Plus too, so it's probably a bug in the ROM itself. What's the technical specifics about this issue so I can report it?

hanschke

Beta Tester & Translator
We have disabled app filtering in the version for Google Play.
best feature is gone :( But I use a xposed modul at the moment until we get the standalone apk ;)

btw. the crash is gone now :D

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
And it happens with Adblock Plus too, so it's probably a bug in the ROM itself. What's the technical specifics about this issue so I can report it?
Adblock Plus has too many options of proxy setup so I am not sure that the problem is the same. Sometimes they could use hidden API or some other hacks to set native proxy.

We have two ways only.

1. Manual. Very simple way that needs user to manually enter proxy settings of the Wi-Fi connection.
2. Automatic. It is also very simple.

We use iptables to redirect all traffic with destination port 80 to our proxy:
Code:
iptables -t nat -A OUTPUT -p tcp --dport 80 -j REDIRECT --to ${port}
So you use the second way. As you can see there is no way SSL traffic could be redirected to our proxy (because SSL is port 443, not 80).

But that's not all. We can see in the log file that HTTP CONNECT request is sent to our proxy. The only situation when this type of request could be possibly sent is if application or browser is aware about proxy.

But we do not set native proxy so I have no idea why and how this request was sent.

---------- Post added at 11:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:49 PM ----------

best feature is gone :( But I use a xposed modul at the moment until we get the standalone apk ;)

btw. the crash is gone now :D
Wait until the end of this week please.

Version 394 is rather stable. If it has no critical bugs next beta will be a release candidate.

f1vefour

Beta Tester
I don't necessarily see them being blocked, I see the blocked counter rising after using an app with ads.

Boo Berry

Moderator + Beta Tester
Very odd indeed. I'll keep watch of this - perhaps others will encounter it too? Anyone who can should try reproducing it by updating the PRL/Profile with automatic local HTTP proxy setup.

f1vefour

Beta Tester
The app is not a market app, it's called Show Box.

I just installed the latest version (1.0.394) and it doesn't seem to be doing this any longer.

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
We have some important news today.

First. We have released two new versions today (one after another).

Changelog for 1.0.481:
Code:
+ Added trial period
+ Added "Errors only" logging level
* Fixed bug with Adguard start even if protection was not enabled
* Fixed major bug with HTTP keep-alive connections (thanks to @pegas from wilderssecurity)
* Fixed lots of minor bugs
Changelog for 1.0.493:
Code:
* Fixed vpn autorestart issue (which we've introduced in 481)
* Fixed app update
* Fixed HTTP keep-alive issue with POST requests (thanks to @pegas again:))
Second and very important thing.

Starting from version 1.0.493 apk-version and google play version have different digital signatures.
So if you use apk-version, you should reinstall Adguard in order to get new version.

Boo Berry

Moderator + Beta Tester
Each version has its own update channel too? Also, are you guys planning on launching a mobile version of the main site? Not sure if the forums is possible (Tapatalk maybe?).

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Each version has its own update channel too?
Of course. That's why we did it. Google Play sometimes overwrite apk if it has the same signature.

Also, are you guys planning on launching a mobile version of the main site? Not sure if the forums is possible (Tapatalk maybe?).
We want to do it, just not now. What about our forum, I like XenForo engine, not sure if it has mobile version.

randomusername

Beta Tester
Does the non-premium AdGuard not block unwanted browser pop-ups?
(Using Chrome on "Samsung" Android. Not my device.)

---------- Post added at 01:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:23 PM ----------

Also looks like XenForo has default mobile/tablet styles.
Yes, it does. :)