AdGuard for Android v.2.6

Status
Not open for further replies.

vasily_bagirov

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Hello everyone!

It feels like we were releasing version 2.5 just yesterday, and yet we are ready to present to you a new one: Adguard for Android v.2.6!

You will find quite a lot of improvements and new features there. Last version introduced HTTPs filtering, and in this one we made it faster by A LOT :) Now it is so much faster and more stable.

Also, our users get the ability to configure which DNS servers to use with DNS filtering, compatibility with other apps is improved, UI unergoes some tweaks, new filters are added to make filtering more comfortable... and much more!

You can read the detailed explanation in our blog:
https://blog.adguard.com/en/adguard-android/adguard-android-2-6.html

Update is already available through the app. Try the new bersion, it is even better than the previous one :)
We are looking forward to your comments!

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Yeah, that's a known issue with Android N, you should download apk file manually.

Auto-update issue is fixed in this new version so for all newer updates it will be good.

Fr9Tcm

Couldn't update neither install the new version manual. The install button was unclickable. Had to remove the old version and install the new. I am on android 6.

deleted

Beta Tester
Continuing the discussion here:
https://forum.adguard.com/index.php?threads/adguard-for-android-v-2-5.9890/#post-86297

@rkkdjb

It seems that AG exclusion is just hardcoded in the app. It's just we don't route AG into the VPN as otherwise we'll run into a recursion.

So, if we want to have control over AG own net access, we will need to use some other way.
Thanx for the reply.
I still remember it was possible some build ago to exclude adguard as well, so it's a recent change only.
Well I uninstalled adguard as I badly wanted that setting....and the reply was late so i couldnt wait.
basically i just wanted to use the firewall feature of adguard, not the adblocking one.(as my speed browser already has an adblocker, moreover i only use it rarely)
so adblocking for me is not that imp as the firewall feature in adguard android.
I'll wait for this setting to appear in a future version(if that's possible.)

Status
Not open for further replies.