AdGuard for Chrome, I use Edge, should I install it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amirr

Hi, I posted my question in this forum, so I don't want to post here again and copy just the link below.

I appreciate knowing your input. Thank you.

Boo Berry

Moderator + Beta Tester
If you need the AdGuard Browser Assistant, then yes, you should install it. Chrome extensions work fine in Edge (after enabling third-party stores). You don't need to enable the AdGuard Assistant userscript (aka extension) in AdGuard for Windows - it's depreciated and been replaced with the AdGuard Browser Assistant (it'll be fully removed in a future major update of the app).

You should NOT use the AdGuard Adblocker extension though, you don't need it as you're already using AdGuard for Windows.

AdGuard for Windows + AdGuard Browser Assistant is the recommended combo.

Amirr

Thank you very much, Boo, I appreciate your input. I will stick with AdGuard Browser Assistant on my Chromium Edge.
1603816425699.png

Amirr

"You don't need to enable the AdGuard Assistant userscript (aka extension) in AdGuard for Windows - it's depreciated and been replaced with the AdGuard Browser Assistant (it'll be fully removed in a future major update of the app)."

You mean this below?

In the settings for AdGuard for Windows, this is not enabled by default:
1603816714289.png

I tested it, and after enabling it, it adds a little icon in bottom right corner of every site visited. So I disabled it again.

Boo Berry

Moderator + Beta Tester
Yes, that. It's why it's not enabled by default, it got replaced with the Browser Assistant browser extensions (and like I said, will be removed in a future major version).

Boo Berry

Moderator + Beta Tester
Realistically, when it's ready. ETAs are rarely met unfortunately, it's a bit of a running gag around here. :p

AdGuard for Windows 7.5.2 was recently released to the stable channel. Usually it can take a little time between a stable release and the next point release (7.5 > 7.6), hotfixes not being counted of course.

zarathustra

Yes, that. It's why it's not enabled by default, it got replaced with the Browser Assistant browser extensions (and like I said, will be removed in a future major version).

hello and thanks for your informations.

I have Adguard for Windows with licensed. So u mean good combination is Adguard for windows and + Adguard browser assistant? so u recommend me to remove all adguard extention from my browsers like Mozila chrome and egde?

Boo Berry

Moderator + Beta Tester
If you have other ad blockers besides AdGuard for Windows like uBlock Origin, Adblock Plus, AdGuard Adblocker, etc. it's advised to remove those because they can conflict with AdGuard for Windows.

AdGuard for Windows + AdGuard Browser Assistant is the recommended combination, yes.

zarathustra

If you have other ad blockers besides AdGuard for Windows like uBlock Origin, Adblock Plus, AdGuard Adblocker, etc. it's advised to remove those because they can conflict with AdGuard for Windows.

AdGuard for Windows + AdGuard Browser Assistant is the recommended combination, yes.
Yes i have that combinations on all browsers: ublock origin, privacy badger, adguard adblocker, Duckduckgo privacy essentials, HTTPS everywhere.

p.s. i have Adguard for android. and also have installed Adguard VPN on phone. is recommended run them same time?

what's best setup as for phone's as Windows?

Thanks.

Last edited:

Boo Berry

Moderator + Beta Tester
Yes i have that combinations on all browsers: ublock origin, privacy badger, adguard adblocker, Duckduckgo privacy essentials, HTTPS everywhere.
Running both uBlock Origin and AdGuard Adblocker at the same time is a bad idea, as they will conflict with each other. If you're using AdGuard for Windows on top of those, you're going to run into issues.

There's no reason to use uBlock Origin and/or the AdGuard Adblocker extensions if you're already using AdGuard for Windows because a) AdGuard for Windows is better/more powerful than all browser extension ad blockers (so using them alongside AdGuard for Windows literally adds nothing) and b) you can use uBlock Origin's filters within AdGuard for Windows thanks to scriptlets support. If you're using uBlock Origin and/or AdGuard Adblocker alongside AdGuard for Windows, it's highly recommended to remove those browser extensions.

Privacy Badger likely isn't needed either, as long you're using the AdGuard Tracking Protection filter + stealth mode.

zarathustra

Running both uBlock Origin and AdGuard Adblocker at the same time is a bad idea, as they will conflict with each other. If you're using AdGuard for Windows on top of those, you're going to run into issues.

There's no reason to use uBlock Origin and/or the AdGuard Adblocker extensions if you're already using AdGuard for Windows because a) AdGuard for Windows is better/more powerful than all browser extension ad blockers (so using them alongside AdGuard for Windows literally adds nothing) and b) you can use uBlock Origin's filters within AdGuard for Windows thanks to scriptlets support. If you're using uBlock Origin and/or AdGuard Adblocker alongside AdGuard for Windows, it's highly recommended to remove those browser extensions.

Privacy Badger likely isn't needed either, as long you're using the AdGuard Tracking Protection filter + stealth mode.
I removed them as you advised me and i appreciate that.

now my browsers looks so. Hope Malwaresbytes extention not comes conflicts.

Attachments

Amirr

Hi, how are you? I just remembered this. Before I remember that, I just installed UBO on Firefox today, and then installed AdGuard Browser Assistant for Firefox, then after remembering the above you said, I removed UBO.
Was that ok? I hope installing UBO and setting it to Medium Mode, didn't change any settings in AdGuard? After all, as I said, I removed it, and kept only AdGuard Browser Assistant in Firefox.

Status
Not open for further replies.