[AdGuard for iOS/Pro] v1.1.6 beta

vasily_bagirov

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
This beta version offers one new big feature: System-wide ad blocking #302

It's capable of filtering traffic of all apps, just like the already-familiar Adguard DNS. The main difference is that system-wide ad blocking does not require you to use any DNS server at all. Filtering is based on the 'Simplified domain names filter' and your whitelist/blacklist settings.

Note: it doesn't matter if 'Simplified domain names filter' is enabled or not in the 'Filters' section. If System-wide ad blocking is enabled, it will be used anyway.

Adguard DNS is still available, though, as well as several other pre-configured DNS servers and the possibility to set up any custom DNS.

To reflect all these changes, there's been done a noticeable change to the app's main menu layout.

Alexander Last

Beta Tester
24 hours test. The new options of the app are great. However the VPN breaks very often, whereby the Internet is disturbed and the Wlan is interrupted. Otherwise stable.

Alexander Last

Beta Tester
The New Beta Today is not work.
No connection can be established. (The controller changes from Connected and not connected, which considerably disturbs the Wlan network.) A use of the VPN thus impossible.

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
No connection can be established. (The controller changes from Connected and not connected, which considerably disturbs the Wlan network.) A use of the VPN thus impossible.
Should be fixed soon, thanks for reporting it!

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Nice no problem. And the Spark Bug? :)
That's complicated:) We still cannot reproduce it on our side, I can't yet understand what's going on.

Btw, have you changed it in different configurations? (DNS on, system-wide off or vise-versa)

Alexander Last

Beta Tester
I have, unfortunately without success. Also on my test devices (IOS 10.1.1-10.3 developer beta) comes the same error. At my Internet line it can not lie synonymous I use a 200000 line. For me, I have as far as settings are concerned.

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
According to the message text, they do detect a VPN presence and conduct a specific check. I wonder, what exactly do they check, though.

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Could you please send us requests log then?

Here is what should be done:
1. Leave system-wide ad blocking enabled and switch to the system default DNS.
2. Enable filtering log in the system-wide settings.
3. Reproduce the issue.
4. Send feedback from the app. The log files will be attached to the email.

We will need to know your customer ID (you'll receive it in an autoreply email).

Alexander Last

Beta Tester
Then I have to reinstall the stack email app use only Spark. I have many error messages the app sends all? Would not know what it is