AdGuard for iOS.

vastelach

One of my parents use an Ipad currently, and i wanted to give here a license for her birthday.
I came to the conclusion that there isn't a package for iOS currently. Is this planned? Because i think i do like my trail version on my macbook.

Thank you,
Martijn.

chromatinfish123

Beta Tester
if they do work it it will not/never have the features that the mac version has due to restrictions on the app store. It will not filter HTTPS for example because it will have to use a VPN not the enter-code-and-take-it-out method on the mac versions.

Boo Berry

Moderator + Beta Tester
They are working on a version for iOS but like mentioned there's going to be some major limitations.

Does Apple even allow ad blockers on the App Store? I know Google doesn't on their Play store.

vastelach

It would be a shame to not being able to depend on. Is there some way of making a petition for this, so that Apple will reconsider?

chromatinfish123

Beta Tester
It's happened before.

Keep in mind that more malware would exist for iOS if any app could run with elevated permissions. For example somebody could make an app that could root deeply into you system while destroying system files.

As for Boo Berry ad blockers do exist with VPN such as WeBlock and Adblock for iOS. They are $1.99 and $2.99 respectively.