Adguard for Mac not running?

AndrewEscobar

I had to restore my computer from a backup, I did that and when I upgraded my OS to Catalina a pop-up from AdGuard appeareared saying "Adguard wants to make changes" and asked for my password. I entered the password and the icon in the upper bar now shows an exclamation mark and AdGuard is disabled and it's not possible to turn it on for protection.
I want to point out that I also have MalwarebytesTweakbox running.
Any help?

Last edited:

mike_ranger

I still have the same problem on Catalina... I cannot enable Adguard.
Tried all solutions, also the Nightly build would not solve the problem.
Sent in a log with no reply so far.

Boo Berry

Moderator + Beta Tester
You might need to use an app like AppCleaner to completely remove AdGuard for Mac then reboot the Mac and finally re-download it and reinstall it and see if that helps.

mike_ranger

Tried it all....did even a manual search for all remaining traces of Adguard to be totally sure. Then re-installed again.
Still same... Adguard turns itself off after a couple of seconds.
I checked all the guides here online for troubleshooting and none helped.
Should not your installer make sure that old traces are removed if that causes any problems?
It seems that you guys have fundamentally changed something with version 2.5 that could break things.

Chinaski

Quality Assurance
Staff member
Administrator
Hello there!

The issue is still reproducing on the 918 version?

@AndrewEscobar

We cannot guarantee that the application will work correctly in combination with some third-party antivirus.

To troubleshoot this issue, we need to get the app logs.

Here's what we need you to do:

• Menu -> Gear -> Advanced -> Logging level -> Debug;
  • Reproduce the issue (and remember the exact time when it happened);
  • Menu -> Advanced -> Export Logs and System Info...;
  • Send the archive to support@adguard.com and mention this issue number in the subject.

After gathering the logs, please try resetting AdGuard:

• Click on the AdGuard icon in the menu bar;
  • Click on the gear;
  • Go to Advanced;
  • Click on Reset settings...

oldgreg

For me, it starts with the Mac (Mojave OS) getting a bit slower. First Parallels fails --- followed by Adguard as described here.
For me, the only thing to fix it is to reinstall the McOS ------ hours involved.

As Parallels is **allways** in the lead in my case, I'm about to abandon it for a while. Any of you Parallels users?

djmlewis

I switched away from Parallels ages ago and use the free VirtualBox solution which is faultless and has taken every upgrade for years in its stride. Very frequently updated, fast and stable. Be sure to install the tools pack and keep that updated with changes - it alerts you.

oldgreg

I switched away from Parallels ages ago and use the free VirtualBox solution which is faultless and has taken every upgrade for years in its stride. Very frequently updated, fast and stable. Be sure to install the tools pack and keep that updated with changes - it alerts you.
The Oracle product? ( I ask because I see others with similar name "out there")