AdGuard for Safari: Cannot enable extension

brettc

Running Safari 13.0.5 (15608.5.11) on macOS version 10.15.3 (19D76).

I temporarily disabled the extension, which had worked perfectly for a long time, and now it will not reenable. Uninstalled/reinstalled: no change. The app is also non-responsive when opened and needs to forced to quit.

Note I have tried installing a couple of other ad blockers, and both exhibited the exact same behaviour. Once the extensions were disabled, they could not be reenabled.

Ideas? Thanks!

Attachments

Chinaski

Quality Assurance
Staff member
Administrator
Hello there!

You need to try completely uninstallation of the Safari extension.
Delete:
~/Library/Application Support/AdGuardSafariApp
~/Library/Containers/ - all directories started with com.adguard.safari.AdGuard
~/Library/GroupContainers/TC3Q7MAJXF.com.adguard.safari.AdGuard
- quit all AdGuard and cfprefsd processes from Activity monitor
- delete AdGuard for Safari app

After reinstalling the extension and be sure to let you know if you encounter the error above again.

brettc

All steps followed but, sorry to say, no change at all and the problem persists. The app freezes and the extension cannot be enabled in Safari.

Chinaski

Quality Assurance
Staff member
Administrator
Then let’s do the following:
- Try to enable content blocker at Safari (Any of the sections: for example, General).
- Open ~/Library/Logs/AdguardSafariApp/
- There should be a log.log file there.
- Download this file and send it to me at PM or k.gretskyi@adguard.com.

jeffery

I temporarily disabled the extension, which had worked perfectly for a long time, and now it will not reenable. Uninstalled/reinstalled: no change. The app is also non-responsive when opened and needs to forced to quit.

Note I have tried installing a couple of other ad blockers, and both exhibited the exact same behaviour. Once the extensions were disabled, they could not be reenabled.

Ideas? Thanks!
You need to try completely uninstallation of the Safari extension.

jeffery

I temporarily disabled the extension, which had worked perfectly for a long time, and now it will not reenable. Uninstalled/reinstalled: no change. The app is also non-responsive when opened and needs to forced to quit.roblox music codes

Note I have tried installing auto clicker a couple of other ad blockers, and both exhibited the exact same behaviour. Once the extensions were disabled, they could not be reenabled.

Ideas? Thanks!
No change at all and the problem persists. The app freezes and the extension cannot be enabled in Safari.

Chinaski

Quality Assurance
Staff member
Administrator
I create the task on the GitHub.
You can track the development of the solution by clicking on this link.