AdGuard for Windows 7.1.2817 Release

Discussion in 'Release Notes (AdGuard for Windows)' started by Karina, Oct 25, 2018.

1. ram1220

ram1220 New Member

Well I hope it fixe

2. Boo Berry

Boo Berry Moderator + Beta Tester Moderator

The performance issue(s) with the WFP driver should indeed be fixed in AG for Windows 7, but the other issue where AG doesn't start correctly after reboot hasn't been fixed yet, but the good news is the devs seem to know what that issue is and plan to fix it soon (some of the devs are on vacation right now until at least the 13th). I'll be sure to post back here again when it's fixed in the beta build.

3. ram1220

ram1220 New Member

I have also paid for the Android version. Last night I did some app updates which included Youtube. I am now seeing ads on Youtube which I did not have before. Can Adguard fix this issue or do I need to just abandon Adguard for Android also? Very disapointed in Adguard after years of excellent service.

4. Boo Berry

AG for Android can't filter the YouTube app and it's been this way for a couple years now due to the double encryption used (that and a lot of apps including YouTube don't trust user certificates in Android 7 or above, unless rooted and can move the certificate to the system store but even then that won't work for YouTube). The only alternatives are a) using a modded YouTube app like YouTube Vanced which has all ads removed, b) using an open-source alternative YouTube app like NewPipe (which is available in the F-Droid app store), c) watching YouTube in a web browser (where AG for Android should be able to still remove the ads from) or d) getting a YouTube Premium subscription (which is what I ended up personally doing). AG for Windows/Mac can also still remove the YouTube ads from web browsers... at least until Google pushes out YouTube ads that can't be skipped nor can be blocked without breaking the videos due to them serving ads from the same domain(s) the video content is served from (which they've been experimenting with both). Twitch has also been experimenting with the same type of video ads that can't be blocked without breaking the videos. Why it worked for you up until last night is a mystery, but it likely won't work anymore.

My guess for the future is, Google pushes out new YouTube ads embedded in the videos themselves that can't be removed or skipped, due to them not using seperate domains to serve the ads or using element/class names that indicate they're ads (probably using something completely random like they do with other stuff). They'll likely do this to try to force people into getting paid YouTube Premium subscriptions because there won't be any other way to remove the ads.

More info:

https://forum.adguard.com/index.php?threads/youtube-app-ads-read-this-first.18797/

https://forum.adguard.com/index.php...cant-filter-and-or-remove-the-ads-from.25189/

5. ram1220

ram1220 New Member

Maybe I wasn't clear. After the new Youtube update I am seeing ads on the Youtube page ( in Firefox) as well as the Youtube app itself. I wasn't talking about ads in the videos. I did not have ads on my Youtube home page in the app or using Firefox before. Can these ads not be blocked by Adguard for Android anymore?

6. Boo Berry

Ah, I see. Do you have a screenshot handy? I'll have to see if I can reproduce it. In the meantime you might try reporting it to the missed ads section, because if they're what I think they are, those ads may be able to indeed be blocked.

7. ram1220

ram1220 New Member

I have the paid version of Adguard for Android and it is active (turned on). The top picture is an ad which I never had ads before using the Youtube app or using Youtube in Firefox on my phone. This is after the latest Youtube "upgrade." Screenshot_2019-05-12-11-08-27.jpg

8. ram1220

ram1220 New Member

Nothing?

9. Boo Berry

Like I said, reporting it to the missed ads section of the forums might help so one of the filter devs can see it. I personally can't reproduce it.

10. ALAF

ALAF New Member

Why so complicated custom filter? How to add a picture there for a direct link? For example, I need to block the signature of a forum member as a picture. Using the "block item" menu, the picture is removed in only one place. And I need her to clean under each signature of this forum member. Thank!

11. ram1220

ram1220 New Member

Well you also told me to post the picture here. I didn't get a response so I asked. And where is the "missed ads" section of the forum? I don't see that anywhere. Thanks.
    Nevermind. I found it. It's hidden.