[AdGuard for Windows] Beta version 5.10.2020.6300

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boo Berry

Moderator + Beta Tester
Here's an interesting one that I've noticed for a long time now but didn't find the workaround until now. When filtering is enabled and a clean browser cache, favicons for some sites won't load in Internet Explorer 11. Tested only using the English and Spyware filters, the WFP driver and the following sites added to the favorites bar;

https://www.yahoo.com/
http://www.newegg.com/
http://www.overclock.net/
http://rutracker.org/forum/tracker.php

Make sure the cache is completely clean before adding these to the favorites bar and trying to reproduce it. Once you disable filtering and load the sites, the favicons load normally and stay cached when filtering is enabled.

---------- Post added at 05:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:06 PM ----------

Also worth noting and may be related to the above is this issue. This also requires a completely clean cache and Internet Explorer 11. Once you sign into Outlook in IE11, Outlook doesn't fully load (e.g. the Skype integration and the settings menu doesn't load). However, if you disable filtering and load Outlook again, it fully loads and will continue to load normally when filtering is re-enabled. This has been happening for several months now.

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Hey Boo, why do you visit rutracker?:)

Confirmed the issue with favicons. Strange thing that I don't see requests for the favicon in the log. It looks like the browser do not even tries to render it.

Boo Berry

Moderator + Beta Tester
Hey Boo, why do you visit rutracker?:)
Linux distros, of course! :rolleyes: I can't read the Russian language, but I've learned to navigate that site just fine. :p

It's an odd issue, that's for sure. But it does load fine and cache once filtering has been disabled.

Last edited by a moderator:

deleted

Beta Tester
I manually added my nightly browser to the adguard application. And it doesn't have an icon associated with it. Nothing major but would be nice to have generalised icons when custom builds are added to the application.

Also I was clearing out the statistics from my adguard application in this screen : -

Every time I hit 'Reset stats', it would redirect to the main/home window.
It should stay at the same window imho.
There are 4 options in it - Traffic, Adblocker, Browsing sec and Parental Control.
Again resetting stats for one is resetting stats for each category. This should not happen.
For e.g. If u clear browsing sec. stats, adblocker stats are also resetted.

vasily_bagirov

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Hello!

1. We have tried to use icon from .exe file, but it turned out to looked pretty bad - often icons were in too small resolution.

2. We plan to remove statistics tab in 6th version. Instead, there will be statistics of each separate module shown on the module itself.

Boo Berry

Moderator + Beta Tester
Looks like you guys will need to change Spartan to Edge as Microsoft has announced Edge is Spartan's official name. They also changed the icon, which looks great. The executable names will probably need to be changed as well once a build of Windows 10 is released with Edge.

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Looks like you guys will need to change Spartan to Edge as Microsoft has announced Edge is Spartan's official name. They also changed the icon, which looks great. The executable names will probably need to be changed as well once a build of Windows 10 is released with Edge.
Just as we released spartan support, it is simply not fair:)

Boo Berry

Moderator + Beta Tester
Should be simple name changes in this case. Also, you guys can work on a browser extension for Edge - Chrome and Firefox extensions can easily be ported with minimal changes. :D

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Should be simple name changes in this case. Also, you guys can work on a browser extension for Edge - Chrome and Firefox extensions can easily be ported with minimal changes. :D
Finally they did this:)

Boo Berry

Moderator + Beta Tester
Domination over ALL browsers, MUHAHAHAHAHA. Just gotta ignore that IE11 will still exist as a legacy browser on Windows 10. Edge is so much better than IE - the issues I noticed here with favicons and Outlook don't exist in Edge. I just hope Microsoft adds some more customization and options to Edge before release.

clarke

Beta Tester
New version working fine and smooth.The only glitch is that it sometimes does not autostart with Windows,it has to be started manually.Not blocking ads on Facebook after browser restart.......

deleted

Beta Tester
This is the second time I noticed this. Adguard seems to be making contact to counter.yadro.ru on every page
This is present is Spyware as well as Easy List.
Disabling and enabling protection seemed to fix it first time but now that it reoccurred so I thought to tell you guys about it.
Can you shed more light on this.

See bottom left in the following(Click on the images to have full screen view):-

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Seems that we have counter.yadro.ru script in the forum template.

Now it's removed so should be ok now.

Status
Not open for further replies.