[AdGuard for Windows] Beta version 6.0.67.364

Status
Not open for further replies.

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
You may rename the string "Remove confirmation" to "Remove subscription" or else a user could think if he/she clicks on Yes/OK the confirmation is never shown again.
https://github.com/AdguardTeam/AdguardForWindows/issues/336

---------- Post added at 10:58 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:58 AM ----------

When disabling a lot of Filter rules in the subscription and then click on Enable all, Adguard hangs over 5 minutes. Would be nice if it is possible to speed it up a bit.
A lot - how many? Hundreds?

ShakedBenratzon

I really do not know what to do anymore all my Windows Apps (Mail Photo Groove Music and so on...) ( Not X86 get slow down freeze or load content problem and all because AdGuard (I am using latest beta version)

and for sure Edge still have same problem load times freeze crush all because bad WFP network drivers after uninstalling AdGuard for check my apps work flawlessly and incredibly fast

no freeze no crash no slowdowns just perfect and I mean all apps Mail App MSN Apps and photo video and so on... (tested for 1 week already)

Please fix this problem I am not sure if it is WFP network driver or just ESET and AdGuard bad capability despite I disabled SSL on ESET Smart Security and added AdGuard to the while list of the Anti virus and firewall

please give me any information or something I can do or try because right now from what I checked and see AdGuard make all this problems to happen =/

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Please fix this problem I am not sure if it is WFP network driver or just ESET and AdGuard bad capability despite I disabled SSL on ESET Smart Security and added AdGuard to the while list of the Anti virus and firewall

please give me any information or something I can do or try because right now from what I checked and see AdGuard make all this problems to happen =/
Have you tried uninstalling ESET (just to test if its ok without it)?

Next beta with newer driver will be ready next week. Also I am not sure that this could help as we still can't reproduce the same issue on our side.

One more important question: could you please post here precise version of ESET you use?
Maybe they use different drivers depending on the product (nod32 or ss)

Blaz

Moderator & Translator
Staff member
I like the new strings for the wizard :)

The string "Full protection all over the web" could indicate Adguard is using an Antivirus module too.

BTW where are those new Android App strings used? Hopefully not as an Ad and only in the wizard/tutorial as an information.

---------- Post added at 05:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:26 PM ----------

Sadly update check is NOT checking for updates for disabled extensions (and I guess subscriptions too). Sometimes there is a bug and user deactivates it (like uploadable.ch bug with WoT extension) and it stayed on 1.22 instead of updating to 1.24. I had to activate it first :(

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
The string "Full protection all over the web" could indicate Adguard is using an Antivirus module too.
Haven't seen the new wizard by myself, let's wait for it:)

BTW where are those new Android App strings used? Hopefully not as an Ad and only in the wizard/tutorial as an information.
Which exactly?

Sadly update check is NOT checking for updates for disabled extensions (and I guess subscriptions too). Sometimes there is a bug and user deactivates it (like uploadable.ch bug with WoT extension) and it stayed on 1.22 instead of updating to 1.24. I had to activate it first :(
But that's intentional, do you think we need to check disabled too?

mysteriously

Beta Tester & Translator
Maybe check for updates right after enabling the extension. Same for filter activation (not sure if this is done now).

Adguard cpu usage in idle is 0%, while on About page it jumps to 15-35%, mostly around ~20%. It does not go lower until About window is closed.

ShakedBenratzon

Have you tried uninstalling ESET (just to test if its ok without it)?

Next beta with newer driver will be ready next week. Also I am not sure that this could help as we still can't reproduce the same issue on our side.

One more important question: could you please post here precise version of ESET you use?
Maybe they use different drivers depending on the product (nod32 or ss)
Eset Smart Security Version 8.0.319.0 (Also made sure SSL are Disabled) I think you should talk with ESET

Windows 10 Last version

and I also checked without ESET install on my computer (after fresh install on windows 10) and my mail app Edge browser app photo app Xbox app and so on... and all other metro app get effected because of WFP network browser and got slower freeze loading time problems and so on...

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
The one talking about Adguard App.
Ah, it will be on the last wizard step in the place where we are telling about mobile apps.
Maybe we'll change it soon as iOS step is one step from release (we'll push it to apple review on monday).

Yes, we should.
Let's ask other testers.

Who also think we should check updates of disabled extensions/userscripts?

---------- Post added at 12:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:53 PM ----------

and I also checked without ESET install on my computer (after fresh install on windows 10) and my mail app Edge browser app photo app Xbox app and so on... and all other metro app get effected because of WFP network browser and got slower freeze loading time problems and so on...
And now I am really surprised. May I take a look through remote access to this? If you're ok with this please email me to "am at adguard.com"

---------- Post added at 12:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:54 PM ----------

Maybe check for updates right after enabling the extension. Same for filter activation (not sure if this is done now).
That's how it works now.

Adguard cpu usage in idle is 0%, while on About page it jumps to 15-35%, mostly around ~20%. It does not go lower until About window is closed.
That's the bug of "spinner" implementation we use (you see it when AG update check is in progress).
Even when it's hidden it causes constant redraw of the whole window.

We've fixed this issue everywhere except "About" window as this window is rarely shown.

Boo Berry

Moderator + Beta Tester
Me! I think extensions/userscripts should have its own set of options, including the updating of disabled userscripts. I also think each script should have its own set of customization, like Tampermonkey does (for compatibility reasons with some scripts).

mysteriously

Beta Tester & Translator
buuuuuuu190 said:
I guess filters names translations has not been yet implemented. In Ad blocker -> Filters subscriptions. User filter, English filter names are in english.
It is also possible, but not through oneskyapp. We'll apply translation if you send it to us.
Ok, so:
* Adguard filters names (without Easylist and Others) + tooltips
* Extensions + tooltips
* anything else?
If I remember well, filters names and descriptions have already been translated in Adguard for Android project. :) Who do you want me to send it to?

Innuendo

Beta Tester
Let's ask other testers.

I've noticed that some people disable an extension/userscript because they only use it part-time or it causes some sort of undesired behavior when it is enabled. Maybe you could check for updates of these disabled items and instead of updating and displaying "Version number from date and time" like it does now, have that display on one line and on the next line under it display, "Update to version number from date and time available. Enable this extension/userscript to update".

That way bandwidth isn't being used to update disabled items, but there is a notification to the user to let them know if an update is available. It's then up to them to decide if the update should take place or not.

I've been loving the direction that development has been taking on the Windows and Android betas. I'm sure whatever you decide will be great.

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Me! I think extensions/userscripts should have its own set of options, including the updating of disabled userscripts. I also think each script should have its own set of customization, like Tampermonkey does (for compatibility reasons with some scripts).
Own set of options is an overkill don't you think?

---------- Post added at 11:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:46 PM ----------

Ok, so:
* Adguard filters names (without Easylist and Others) + tooltips
* Extensions + tooltips
* anything else?
That's all I think.

If I remember well, filters names and descriptions have already been translated in Adguard for Android project. :)
Hm, I always thought the situation is the same there.
If not - please point me at the phrases in oneskyapp.

Who do you want me to send it to?
Just send it to me, thank you:)

---------- Post added at 11:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:48 PM ----------

That way bandwidth isn't being used to update disabled items, but there is a notification to the user to let them know if an update is available. It's then up to them to decide if the update should take place or not.
The problem with extensions is that checking update always involves downloading of the full userscript file so bandwidth usage is the same.

Boo Berry

Moderator + Beta Tester
Own set of options is an overkill don't you think?
Maybe as advanced options? Might be useful when trying to get troublesome userscripts working. Actually, maybe advanced options like this;

The run-at drop-down/toggle might be VERY useful indeed.

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Maybe as advanced options? Might be useful when trying to get troublesome userscripts working. Actually, maybe advanced options like this;

The run-at drop-down/toggle might be VERY useful indeed.
In fact these settings are set in the userscript code with a special meta tags like @run-at and so on. Although Tampermonkey allows you to change these original settings which is impossible in our case. If you change the code, it will be overwritten with the next userscript update.

I have created an issue on github, but haven't yet attached it to any milestone:
https://github.com/AdguardTeam/AdguardForWindows/issues/357

mysteriously

Beta Tester & Translator
Hm, I always thought the situation is the same there.
If not - please point me at the phrases in oneskyapp.
Hmm, some of those phrases are in Miscellaneous http://adguard.oneskyapp.com/collaboration/translate/project/project/14268/language/16#/?keyword=filter

Ad blocker -> Tooltip reports that latest update date for english filter is more recent than latest filters update check time.
Also you made the latest filters update check time in main window to never be less than 1 minute, but time in Ad blocker -> Tooltip can be 0 minutes ago

German filter description seems to be wrong

Last edited by a moderator:

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Huh it's true:) We'll add Turkish and Mobile Safari filters there too.

Ad blocker -> Tooltip reports that latest update date for english filter is more recent than latest filters update check time.
Also you made the latest filters update check time in main window to never be less than 1 minute, but time in Ad blocker -> Tooltip can be 0 minutes ago
https://github.com/AdguardTeam/AdguardForWindows/issues/361

German filter description seems to be wrong

https://github.com/AdguardTeam/AdguardForWindows/issues/360

Boo Berry

Moderator + Beta Tester
In fact these settings are set in the userscript code with a special meta tags like @run-at and so on. Although Tampermonkey allows you to change these original settings which is impossible in our case. If you change the code, it will be overwritten with the next userscript update.

I have created an issue on github, but haven't yet attached it to any milestone:
https://github.com/AdguardTeam/AdguardForWindows/issues/357
Ahh, that makes sense. Maybe as a temp test type of feature then as a way to help diagnose potential issues?

Status
Not open for further replies.