[AdGuard for Windows] Beta version 6.0.83.477

Status
Not open for further replies.

mysteriously

Beta Tester & Translator
This issue should have been fixed in the latest beta. Have you tried it?
Yes, seems to be fixed
Anyway we plan to re-design Assistant so we just should take this into account.
Cool! :)
No, the second one.
Ah, ok, fixed.
Have you checked out new wizard/tutorial?
Yes, I just did. Fixed 2 phrases (one was too long). I like the new wizard/tutorial. :)
Delete %programdata%\Adguard\init.dat and restart GUI to see it.
I'll try to remember this time :)

xriothhh

Beta Tester
Is there an MSI file for beta releases? When upgrading my Windows 10 Insider build I often need to perform MSI "Repair" installations to reinstall drivers, including AdGuard. This process is much preferable to uninstalling AdGuard and reinstalling it which seems to be the only option when using the skinned EXE installer if the installed version is the same version. Or is there a switch perhaps to launch the EXE installer that does an MSI repair installation?

The only one I could locate was for 5.10 beta: http://static.adguard.com/5/beta/setup.msi
Tried changing the /5 to /6 to no avail.

I'm gonna start keeping the "setup.msi" file from the relevant C:\ProgramData\Package Cache\ folder just in case there isn't one for v6 beta.

Last edited by a moderator:

Blaz

Moderator & Translator
Staff member
Is the update server down? I get error for everything listed.

Blaz

Moderator & Translator
Staff member
Sadly still erroring out :(
Maybe a bug when one has too many filters/extensions or user filter is too big, don't know :(
My last filter updates are from 27th October :(

Adding new filters like "mobile ad filter" works fine though. I already disabled my software firewall.

BTW when one opens update check and then decides to open support form, the form is gone when update check is finished and user has to write everything again.

EDIT: Very strangely in Adguard a proxy was set to my firewall on that port.

Probably the Adguard program update set a proxy there?

mysteriously

Beta Tester & Translator
I have an update error for english filter. Latest update date is 28.10.

Are you sure that right settings are saved after finishing the new tutorial/guide?

Can anything be done to reduce CPU usage while filtering?

I had 50% CPU usage at ESET process. Web browsers could not load any webpages while ping was coming back. This has happened only once with previous Adguard beta. Reboot fixed it. Hopefully one time ESET fault :)

randomusername

Beta Tester
I might just have missed something important but:

I still have 6.0.67 and it did not update automatically although the checkmark for beta updates is set. What am I doing wrong?

randomusername

Beta Tester
Ah, yes, that works. Oops.

Random improvement request: Adguard should do that for me. :)

---------- Post added at 06:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:52 PM ----------

Instant bluescreen when replacing the driver during the update.
After reboot everything seems to work.

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
EDIT: Very strangely in Adguard a proxy was set to my firewall on that port.

Probably the Adguard program update set a proxy there?
By default Adguard uses system-wide proxy server. Have you changed it manually?

---------- Post added at 07:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:37 PM ----------

I still have 6.0.67 and it did not update automatically although the checkmark for beta updates is set. What am I doing wrong?
We have not yet turned on automatic updates so you should check for updates manually for now.

---------- Post added at 07:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:38 PM ----------

Instant bluescreen when replacing the driver during the update.
After reboot everything seems to work.
Minidump?

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Great, thank you!

---------- Post added at 01:54 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:54 AM ----------

Why not Total Commander btw?

randomusername

Beta Tester
Because it's nearly impossible to configure Total Commander to look like something that was not barfed out by a very sick (and color-blind) monkey. Also, SpeedCommander comes with built-in SFTP support.
Sorry, I really tried to like Total Commander but I couldn't.

mysteriously

Beta Tester & Translator
https://github.com/AdguardTeam/AdguardForWindows/issues/296
Parental Control does not work if browser is running in Sandboxie
ameshkov said:
The problem is that we cannot detect windows user properly
Curt@invincea said:
They are trying to determine the user that created the process from outside the sandbox. That will always be anonymous logon. They need to determine the user from inside the sandbox. That will be the "real" user.
http://forums.sandboxie.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=115542#p115542

wmn

Found a bug on the 6.0.84.487 beta version of Adguard:

If I disable WFP network driver, the HTTPS web page are no longer filtered on Firefox x64 (Version 42), HTTP web page are still filtered.

Tested on Server 2012R2 and Windows 10.

Thats is not happening if I use Adguard 5 release...

Thanks.

Boo Berry

Moderator + Beta Tester
Try closing Firefox and opening Adguard's settings and going to General Settings and pressing the Reinstall Certificate button.

Status
Not open for further replies.