[AdGuard for Windows] v6.1.258.1302 RC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boo Berry

Moderator + Beta Tester
Wasn't able to reproduce with Windows configuration from your forum signature, maybe Adblock exceptions or HTTPS?
It started working again after clearing the cache, which is strange. I do know it does eventually stop appearing in Edge on Outlook - I think Vasily was able to confirm that several months ago but didn't know why.

Blaz

Moderator & Translator
Staff member
Can't find the advanced settings menu :(

[Fixed] Adguard cannot detect HTML if there are symbols at the document start

Working fine now on epidemz :)

Blaz

Moderator & Translator
Staff member
Thank you Boo Berry. But that option should be also visible in main window, same for protocol and other tray icon settings.

vasily_bagirov

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
But that option should be also visible in main window, same for protocol and other tray icon settings.
What do you mean by 'protocol'? Also, Advanced settings are meant to be something that regular user will not actively mess with. Adding this tab to main menu will result exactly in that - many users changing this or that setting, which results in something they did not expect.

deleted

Beta Tester
There is an option to use 'adguard as http proxy'
How to use this option?
What are the advantages and disadvantages associated with this option?

vasily_bagirov

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
There is an option to use 'adguard as http proxy'
How to use this option?
It means that if you route your traffic for any browser to 127.0.0.1 and using specified port (this can be configured in browser settings), all traffic for that browser will go through Adguard. That way, Adguard will not filter other apps and browsers traffic, unless you configure them the same way too. This may be useful for some users, but usually you'd want to use Adguard in normal mode.

deleted

Beta Tester
Thanx for the reply vasily.
It means that if you route your traffic for any browser to 127.0.0.1 and using specified port (this can be configured in browser settings), all traffic for that browser will go through Adguard. That way, Adguard will not filter other apps and browsers traffic, unless you configure them the same way too. This may be useful for some users, but usually you'd want to use Adguard in normal mode.
I'm interested in the bold marked line in the above quote, how to achieve this? total n00b in this area :p but would like to try.
Also will this filter https sites or no?

Rik

Beta Tester
This latest beta works very fine on my Windows 7 x64 - it excells adblock on all levels - great work !! :)

Boo Berry

Moderator + Beta Tester
And the advanced options are superb - I can finally exclude my portable Firefox used for testing from being filtered. :D

Boo Berry

Moderator + Beta Tester
The filtering log and filter editor windows don't remember size and location anymore after closing Adguard completely (and killing the service) and restarting it.

vasily_bagirov

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
A problem was spotted. Upon updating to the latest beta version, in some cases 'Advanced settings' may disappear. We are working on a fix.

Update: settings reset will bring back 'Advanced settings'. Currently no other way exists, but we will release a patch within ~30 minutes that will fix the problem in a normal way.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.