[AdGuard for Windows] v6.1.258.1302 RC

Status
Not open for further replies.

SlowMemory

Beta Tester
Adguard intercepts a following file and shows an extension installation dialog:
Code:
https://talk.naver.com/static/js/common/nclk_evt_biztalk.user.js
But this file does not contain a userscript metadata block like ==UserScript==.

SlowMemory

Beta Tester
1. enabling / disabling a rule with extended selectors is not reflected immediately.
If I add a rule facebook.com##body, it is reflected in next refresh, but if I add a rule facebook.com##body[-ext-has="div"], it is not reflected until I clear browser cache.
Even facebook.com#%#var a = 1; is reflected immediately.

2. facebook.com##body[-ext-has="div"] does not hide the body immediately. It shows a body for a short time so a user see a flickering.

3. Some generic hiding rules are not applied. For example, I have ##body in my user filter, but I can browse websites without a problem.

Now Adguard injects the whole library if there is a hiding rule using extended selectors. How will it affect the performance? In my naive thinking, if we 'parse' those rules in Adguard's side and inject a readily applicable form of script it could reduce the time spent on running the script..

Last edited:

Blaz

Moderator & Translator
Staff member
[Added] Support for extended selectors #1225
This is a technical term, but what hides behind it? With extended selectors support, we can much more easily create some rules that were very, very hard to create earlier. Notably, this concerns rules required to block such things as 'Sponsored posts' on Facebook.
Will this support be added to Android and Extension too? I guess Mac version not.

Rik

Beta Tester
Just installed the new RC 6.1.252.1283 : so far - so good :)
I'll have a closer look during the weekend !

Blaz

Moderator & Translator
Staff member
Mac version doesn't support many rules, that's why I guessed it will be not.

vasily_bagirov

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Updated the topic since another RC was released.

PS: Sorry for being late with replies, I will answer questions tomorrow morning.

Last edited:

Rik

Beta Tester
Hello dear Adguard-team,
I like to report an issue that occurs with the 1283 & the new 1291RC from today.
When you play YouTube clips with IE 11 (on WIN 7 x64 with all latest updates), the ad-filtering works fine, but almost every clip has 2 short pauses (half a second) near the end of the clip and then you get the screen I added in attachment. When you play the same clip with Firefox (I have FF49 b6) it doesn't happen with Adguard on.
If you turn off Adguard for the same clip on IE, you get the ads (that's normal) , but no pauses near the end, and also no black-grey screen. So there must be an issue in the interaction between Adguard and Internet Explorer 11.
I never had this with earlier versions , only with the 2 latest beta/RC's.
Hope you can find it. Best Regards, Rik
YouTube-issue.jpg
IMPORTANT UPDATE/ADDITIONAL INFO on 25 august : I investigated a little more this IE-YouTube-bug myself today (which also remains in the new RC 1292).
With Adguard for Windows ON in Internet Explorer, the Ad-filtering works fine BUT the problem is that Adguard prevents YouTube-clips buffering untill the end : the initial buffering stops at 20 seconds before the end of the clip (you can see that the buffering white-line stops), which explains the first pause when the playing reaches that point. Upon which additional buffering is immediately initiated, but too slow to play on well, which explains the second/third pause, after which the clip crashes into the grey/black screen with error-code.
If you put Adguard OFF, YouTube-clips are buffered rightaway fully till the end, with perfect playing till the end as a result.
Strangely enough with Firefox, there is NO problem : I tested with Adguard ON/OFF and in both cases YouTube-clips buffer and play perfectly.
I hope you can solve this IE-problem, which was not present in 6.0 release and also not in the first 6.1-beta-versions.
I hope this additional info helps to pinpoint a solution.
Best regards from Rik

Last edited:

SlowMemory

Beta Tester
I have to restart adguard to disable a rule with extended selectors.
-visit facebook.com
-uncheck facebook.com extended selector rule in the filter editor
-clear browser cache
-visit facebook.com again, see the inspector to see that the extended selector library is still injected.

Some requests does not appear in the filtering log.
- with the filtering log opened, visit cnn.com
- Then only some facebook related requests appears in the filtering log. The request to the main document http://www.cnn.com/ does not appear.

edit: both of issues are resolved in 6.1.256.1292 RC

Last edited:

vasily_bagirov

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
enabling / disabling a rule with extended selectors is not reflected immediately.
This is fixed already, there was a problem indeed.

facebook.com##body[-ext-has="div"] does not hide the body immediately. It shows a body for a short time so a user see a flickering.
Unfortunately, this is just how it works. Nothing we can do here.

3. Some generic hiding rules are not applied. For example, I have ##body in my user filter, but I can browse websites without a problem.
Doesn't reproduce for us. Can you send me your user filter file so we could test it?

Now Adguard injects the whole library if there is a hiding rule using extended selectors. How will it affect the performance? In my naive thinking, if we 'parse' those rules in Adguard's side and inject a readily applicable form of script it could reduce the time spent on running the script..
It won't really work the way you suggest. So I don't know what to answer you here :)

Status
Not open for further replies.