AdGuard for Windows v6.1.258

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lucky86

@Lucky86 Hi! Sorry for taking this long to respond.

Let me ask few questions here.

1) What exactly Adguard version do you use? What browser(s)? What browsers does the problem appear in, and what browsers does it not?

2) Are ads not blocked on all websites, or https websites only? (or maybe just some particular websites?)

3) What exactly Windows build do you have at the moment?

4) Finally, have you tried to reinstall Adguard? It probably won't help, but still worth trying.

Hi thanks for helping. Here are my answers:

1) I am using the version 6.1.294.1539. Problem is with all browsers, chrome, Edge, Mozilla. It is just not blocking ads. It ad block stats are same always. This problem has cropped up in past 10 days approx. For years it was working fine.

2) Ads are Not getting blocked in all sites of all sorts. Even forum websites are getting thru.

3.) I'm using it on Windows 10 enterprise insider build 14965. I'm on slow ring.

4.) Yes, I tried installing reinstalling many times. As a last resort I downloaded the very latest version from github, but even that did not help.

Now my only hope this forum.

Thanks

@Rik it's my bad, I've completely missed this issue, sorry for this.

However, I cannot reproduce it on my side. Is it possible for me to take a look at this issue through teamviewer?
I have no problem giving you access with Teamviewer.

Last edited by a moderator:

Boo Berry

Moderator + Beta Tester
3.) I'm using it on Windows 10 enterprise insider build 14965. I'm on slow ring.
This is likely the cause. In the latest Insider builds of Windows 10, WFP which is needed for Adguard for Windows to work by default, is utterly broken. The only workarounds are to either a) stop using Insider builds or b) disable the WFP network driver in Adguard for Windows and fallback to the TDI driver instead. Keep in mind the TDI driver is incapable of filtering Microsoft Edge and Modern apps.

I posted a new sticky topic regarding this issue: https://forum.adguard.com/index.php?threads/using-windows-10-insider-preview-builds-read-this.16799/

vasily_bagirov

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
@Boo Berry as far as I remember, the problem was with fast ring builds? And anyway it would prevent Lucky from loading any websites rather than show ads on them.

@Lucky86 I think teamviewer would be an option, please PM me date&time that would me the most convenient for you.

Boo Berry

Moderator + Beta Tester
As far as I can tell, the broken WFP started in Insider Preview build 14942 and exists in the current build 14971 on the fast ring. The slow ring Insider Preview build is on 14965 which is affected by the broken WFP.

The easiest way to test if it's the broken WFP issue is to disable Adguard's WFP network driver and see if ads are blocked correctly with the TDI driver.

Status
Not open for further replies.