[AdGuard for Windows] v6.1.326.1705 RC

Status
Not open for further replies.

shuheng

Member
test first day is ok ,i will test 3 days,Saturday has a rest, a relatively long time, the test is more accurate, I will return on Sunday whether there are problems
 

shuheng

Member
Very good, this three-day test did not crash the problem!
And feel open than before the page is also smooth, feel the heart of the progress!
 

gustms

New Member
Updated my ESET to latest 10 version and activated SSL Scanning (had to manually import Eset's certificate to Cyberfox).

Everything seems to be running great with Adguard's and Eset's SSL scanning turned on. Thanks! And great job, guys!
 

Boo Berry

Moderator + Beta Tester
Moderator
After installing userstyles as userscripts, they don't automatically update (when there's an update) when using them through Adguard (e.g when manually checking them for updates). I have to remove them, then re-add them to update them.
 

Boo Berry

Moderator + Beta Tester
Moderator
Might be worth noting if anyone asks or notices this, seeing this in the browser's console regarding the Assistant on nearly every site;

Code:
Synchronous XMLHttpRequest on the main thread is deprecated because of its detrimental effects to the end user's experience. For more help, check https://xhr.spec.whatwg.org/.
 

Boo Berry

Moderator + Beta Tester
Moderator
The ones I use seldomly receive updates.

https://userstyles.org/styles/132780/no-ads-facebook-2017-carlos-celles
https://userstyles.org/styles/134015/twitter-tweaks

Now, as an experiment I've taken the top one, downloaded it (via save link as) as a userscript (not as CSS or anything else) and opened it up in a text editor. I've found if I change the @version from 0.20170205191242 to 1.0, then upload it to Dropbox and install it in Adguard it works. Then, if I change the version number from 1.0 to 1.1 and upload that and run the manual update in Adguard, it'll update.

I think the issue is with the @version string, especially with numbers like 0.20170205191242.
 

Boo Berry

Moderator + Beta Tester
Moderator
Confirmed, it is indeed caused by the @version string when it contains a significant amount of characters.

How I tested this was I downloaded the No Ads Facebook userstyle as a userscript above to my desktop. Then I opened the script in a text editor to verify the version, which is 0.20170205191242. From there I uploaded the unmodified script to Dropbox (it doesn't matter where it's added as long as a direct link can be used) and added it to Adguard as an extension. I then opened the script again in said text editor, and changed the version from 0.20170205191242 to 0.20170205191243 and uploaded that to Dropbox, replacing the existing version and checked for updates in Adguard... nothing, no updates for the script.

So yeah, it has issues with long @version strings.
 

avatar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Might be worth noting if anyone asks or notices this, seeing this in the browser's console regarding the Assistant on nearly every site;

Code:
Synchronous XMLHttpRequest on the main thread is deprecated because of its detrimental effects to the end user's experience. For more help, check https://xhr.spec.whatwg.org/.
Actually, we'll take care of it in v6.2.
 

avatar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
How I tested this was I downloaded the No Ads Facebook userstyle as a userscript above to my desktop. Then I opened the script in a text editor to verify the version, which is 0.20170205191242. From there I uploaded the unmodified script to Dropbox (it doesn't matter where it's added as long as a direct link can be used) and added it to Adguard as an extension. I then opened the script again in said text editor, and changed the version from 0.20170205191242 to 0.20170205191243 and uploaded that to Dropbox, replacing the existing version and checked for updates in Adguard... nothing, no updates for the script.
Wow, what a version. I guess it cannot fit into 32-bit integer and that's why it happens.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top