[AdGuard for Windows] v6.1.326.1705 RC

Status
Not open for further replies.

caleb59

1. Uninstall AdGuard (including settings).
2. Log in to your account on adguard.com and unbind your license.
3. Restart PC.
4. Clean both TEMP folders ("Users/Your name/AppData/Local/Temp" and "Windows/Temp")
5. Delete AdGuard "folder" in regedit: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/SOFTWARE/WOW6432Node/Adguard
6. Install AdGuard, use your license, restart PC.

I've always do it like this and no problems so far...

vasily_bagirov

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
@Phonemes @Pentlands @KNAPPI
Looks like TDI driver is responsible for that, so the temporary solution would be to switch to the WFP driver in Adguard settings.

Further, we need more information:
1) Do you have 64- or 86-bit OS?
2) OS version?
3) Do you have WFP driver enabled?

For more in-depth look we need @avatar and afaik he's not available today.

Phonemes

@Phonemes @Pentlands @KNAPPI
Looks like TDI driver is responsible for that, so the temporary solution would be to switch to the WFP driver in Adguard settings.

Further, we need more information:
1) Do you have 64- or 86-bit OS?
2) OS version?
3) Do you have WFP driver enabled?

For more in-depth look we need @avatar and afaik he's not available today.

Vasily,

I am on Windows 7, 64-bit.
WFP was disabled, enabling the WFP driver worked for me as well.

Rik

Beta Tester
Hello everyone,
I'm having the same "Can't enable the protection"-issue with the two new versions from thursday & today Friday.
I always do a clean install (as suggested higher), but that does not help. Only activating the WFP-driver helps (intended for Win8 & higher), although I am having Win7 x64, strange....
There also another problem in the installation procedure : normally after installing the first phase, you get a second phase with a serial of screens where you can set options. This second flow of screens has disappeared in the 2 late versions...

Shadow

Still broken! New build 1703 TDI does not work under Windows 7 Pro x64. Can not start protection. :-(
FIXED!!! Reboot is mandatory!!!

Last edited:

Rik

Beta Tester
Guys, I am sorry for the TDI driver issues.

I was so eager to resolve the WFP bugs, that I forgot to rebuild TDI properly.

New build with proper TDI version:
https://github.com/AdguardTeam/AdguardForWindows/releases/tag/v6.1.325.1703

It is also available through the program update.
@avatar ,
I just did a clean uninstall & install of 6.1.325.1703 on WIN7 x64 and it works perfect now. Also the installation procedure (2nd phase) works again as it used to be :)
Just for your technical information. The latest 323/324-releases on Win7x64 also had a bad influence on the Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface (hidden under Networkadapters), it desactivated this TCPIP6-interface. Maybe this is interesting info for future development or issues of customers.
Have a nice weekend & many thanks for quick fix - great work !!;)
Rik

Boo Berry

Moderator + Beta Tester
Just for your technical information. The latest 323/324-releases on Win7x64 also had a bad influence on the Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface (hidden under Networkadapters), it desactivated this TCPIP6-interface. Maybe this is interesting info for future development or issues of customers.
This is intended. There's an option via right clicking the Adguard system tray icon > Advanced > Settings that by default disables Teredo when using the WFP driver. This is to workaround the issue with BSODs while running uTorrent.

@avatar, maybe since you guys have gotten so good at preventing BSODs now with AVs and the WFP driver, perhaps that issue could be revisited? :p

Pentlands

Beta Tester
As others have already said, updating to 325.1703, then deselecting the WFP driver, followed by a reboot resolved the issue :)

Fwiw, it may be worthwhile considering changing the wording in the pop-up box that appears when toggling the "Use WFP network driver" setting from "PC Reboot may be required for proper change" to "PC Reboot will be required for proper change".

The former suggests it possibly isn't required but it appears it is, at least in Windows 7... i.e. a reboot was certainly required in Windows 7 to change from TDI driver to WFP... if it hadn't been for this issue i would've probably previously assumed that just changing the option and ignoring the warning about rebooting was good enough because Adguard continued to work, it wasn't until i was forced to change the setting that i knew how important rebooting was.

In any case, even if a reboot isn't required there's no harm in being belt and braces to make sure users are running the driver they selected.

Last edited:

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Fwiw, it may be worthwhile considering changing the wording in the pop-up box that appears when toggling the "Use WFP network driver" setting from "PC Reboot may be required for proper change" to "PC Reboot will be required for proper change".
Actually, may is a proper word, it might actually be not required. The problem in this particular case is caused by the previous problematic build, everything would go smoothly if we had published 6.1.325 instead.

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
@avatar, maybe since you guys have gotten so good at preventing BSODs now with AVs and the WFP driver, perhaps that issue could be revisited? :p
Teredo is problematic by itself, just google for utorrent+bsod. It might lead to a BSOD even on a clear system, but chances are quite higher when any network driver is installed.

Status
Not open for further replies.