AdGuard has detected that this website is trying to use your browser as a blockchain currency miner.

TheTooolguy

Again, if you straight up block the domains the miner scripts won't work.

Code:
||coinhiveproxy.com^$empty
||coinpot.co^$empty
||coin-hive.com^$empty
||coinhive.com^$empty
These rules block all access to the four domains above and only displays a blank page. No CH warnings or dialogs.
The point I'm trying to make:

AdGuard detects the miner (That's not in the list you show here) but there is NO option to block miners for ever and NEVER show a dialog ! In the settings page of AdGuard there is NO option to kill of miners ... That's what I would expect ...

The extension for Chrome is SET and FORGET ... It kill's (well, removes the script of the page) and asks NO QUESTIONS ever and AdGuard does not detect it after that and won't bother me with questions ...

Last edited:

Boo Berry

Moderator + Beta Tester
That's intended, to give users the choice just in case they actually want to support a site (assuming it's 'legit') - not all sites running miners are malicious or 'bad'. See, it's not an issue of sites running miner scripts. The issue is that sites are running miner scripts without even informing the users first so they can give their consent. That's what AG does by default, gives the users that choice whether or not to support the site. If users want to straight up block the miners, just add those rules to the user filter and be done with 'em. ;)

Unfortunately, I don't think it's possible to modify the dialog to 'block' the miner script for the site(s) and would require manual filter rules (per-site basis). Also don't think it's possible for the "dialog" to remember the answer either. So for those wanting to block those dialogs should just block the scripts via the filter rules.

It's worth noting that there is potential for legit uses of coin miners if the website informs the users about it and gives them a choice to opt-in if they choose to do so.

Reactions: UMX

TheTooolguy

That's intended, to give users the choice just in case they actually want to support a site (assuming it's 'legit') - not all sites running miners are malicious or 'bad'. See, it's not an issue of sites running miner scripts. The issue is that sites are running miner scripts without even informing the users first so they can give their consent. That's what AG does by default, gives the users that choice whether or not to support the site. If users want to straight up block the miners, just add those rules to the user filter and be done with 'em. ;)

There is potential for legit uses of coin miners if the website informs the users about it and gives them a choice to opt-in if they choose to do so.
Well, I use AdGuard to strip all clutter from what I want to see, not what the website want's me to see ... So I kill of anything I don't want to see at all, that's why I bought AdGuard in the first place ...

Next to previously mentioned extension I also run uMatrix, Ghostery, Poper Blocker, Tampermonkey with some intelligent scripts and the webpages I now see are stripped of all kinds of shit ...

Before HTML 5.0 was introduced I used only one tool: AdMuncher and that was perfect ... it only did not support https ...

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
@Boo Berry is right, this is intentional, and the intention is to expose that the website tries to hijack you.

This is not about stopping clutter. Today the websites hijacks your CPU, tomorrow they may try to do something really malicious. You should be aware of that and avoid visiting this website again.