Adguard injection problem

Discussion in 'Discussion (AdGuard for Mac)' started by geekdada, Jun 15, 2019.

1. geekdada

geekdada New Member

I just started using Adguard, and I think it is good and ready to replace my old browser extension, but I found something interesting.

Every time I visit a webpage, some scripts get injected into the browser. The scripts are from injections.adguard.org and really big.

[​IMG]

The first script has a domain which is changing all the time, so this script is going to be loaded in every webpage that has a unique domain.

The second script doesn't have a domain query, but the size is over 1MB (without compression). I bet it is bigger than the overall script size of many webpages.

The third script is async. I don't know what it's for, but the URL says the type is sfbr-script. This particular type of script gets loaded very slowly. It's over 5s in most cases (I'm in China, but I have a VPN on all the time).

I don't know how Adguard works, but I think it's not healthy and should be tackled with.

2. Chinaski

Chinaski Support Marine Staff Member Administrator Moderator

@geekdada
    Hello there!
    These scripts are an implementation assistant on your web page.

3. Boo Berry

Boo Berry Moderator + Beta Tester Moderator

More specifically, the AdGuard Assistant (which adds the AG icon to the webpage, allowing for multiple options), AdGuard Popup Blocker (self-explanatory) and AdGuard Extra (which deals with anti-adblock stuff) scripts.

4. geekdada

geekdada New Member

I'm totally ok with the injection. I'm just confused by the file size, the necessity of using unique domains and the latency of the last request.