Adguard interfering in every Google sessions

TheFeThrone

Now there's no way to log in in any google account or use youtube etc in a functioning way while AdGuard is enabled.

Logging into my google accounts gives the error "Something went wrong. Sorry, something went wrong there. Try again."

Using youtube after logging in without AdGuard and then enabling it again doesnt allow any video to play. (This might be due to the new way Youtube Ads are used but wont explain why logging in has problems with AdGuard)

accessing gmail after activating AdGuard brings following error up:

Temporary error ()

We’re sorry, but your account is temporarily unavailable. We apologise for the inconvenience and suggest trying again in a few minutes.You can view the G Suite Status Dashboard for the current status of the service.

If the issue persists, please visit the Help Centre »
Try Again Sign Out

Show Detailed Technical Info

iGus

Now there's no way to log in in any google account or use youtube etc in a functioning way while AdGuard is enabled.

Logging into my google accounts gives the error "Something went wrong. Sorry, something went wrong there. Try again."

Using youtube after logging in without AdGuard and then enabling it again doesnt allow any video to play. (This might be due to the new way Youtube Ads are used but wont explain why logging in has problems with AdGuard)

accessing gmail after activating AdGuard brings following error up:

Temporary error ()

We’re sorry, but your account is temporarily unavailable. We apologise for the inconvenience and suggest trying again in a few minutes.You can view the G Suite Status Dashboard for the current status of the service.

If the issue persists, please visit the Help Centre »
Try Again Sign Out

Show Detailed Technical Info
Same here, except that YouTube works fine here but I cannot log on Gmail (it gets me a different message, 'WebKitErrorDomain 104' or so). Tried to update, uninstalled and installed again but nothing changes. I've been using the extension for a long time and it's the first time this happens.

TheFeThrone

Please ensure filters are up2date.
yep updating the filters worked :) thank you

for those who wanna know how:
+ Right click the AdGuard symbol
+ click on AdGuard Adblocker option
+ check for filter updates

sadly it doesnt visually show that its checking on updates, so it will update in the background and work in 10 seconds or so.

Runkel

I registered this morning (here on the Forum, i'm using Adguard for years) to report this "bug" too. But the Adguard Team was faster then me (as usual) in fixing this this error.

My Thanks goes out to everyone on the team who makes my day to day experience on the web more enjoyable (Everyone who works on Adguard) <3.

Last edited: