Adguard is completely blocking my internet access on many apps when on cellular service.

Many apps, including Instagram, Reddit, Chrome, Discord and others, would refuse to connect to the Internet when connected to 4G. WhatsApp however would still work, albeit very unstable and slow. It somehow doesn't occur when connected to WiFi tho, which is strange.

I encountered this issue when I updated my unrooted Samsung Galaxy S10 to Android 11. At first I thought the issue was caused by a bug that occured on my phone itself, since rebooting my phone (temporarily) fixes it. However, today I found out that turning off Adguard completely fixes the issue. I also remember I recently updated the AdGuard app right after the Android update, so that might have been the cause too.

Currently I'm trying to fix this problem, but nothing seems to work. Switching DNS servers doesn't do anything for exemple. The only fixes are turning off the app or rebooting my phone. Does anyone know what causes this issue or how to fix it?

Blaz

Moderator & Translator
Staff member
Mobile Access is allowed for those apps in Apps management?

Blaz

Moderator & Translator
Staff member
Since you use AdGuard for Android it does not.

Since you use AdGuard for Android it does not.
It seems like it does, since I'm getting ads again in certain apps. I will try re-installing an older version of AdGuard, since after some research I found other users noticed similar issues since an update around Christmas and older versions have worked fine for me.

Blaz

Moderator & Translator
Staff member
If all required filter lists (mobile ads filter, DNS filter) are active and adblocking is active for the app not.

Pascal P

ADGUARD HELL somehow started seemingly when installing A SECOND SIM in my perfectly up-to-date Samsung A41... Non-rooted, Android 11, One UI 3.1, literally every app is known and standard....

Though this in itself might perhaps not have caused this fatal issue.
It might help someone...

Any known issues with dual SIM Android Phones??

Tried all the advice here and on the Internet...
Nothing helps.
DATA CONNECTION SUDDENLY CUTS OFF and that's it...

Not a single trick helps besides A RESTART...
Then the wait begins to the next random loss of LTE (4G data).
It's not the WIFI OFF trick, disabling the DNS part...
Nothing helps after hours of searching, trying and testing and even a full system reset.
DESTROYING many hours of fine tuning, installing and configuring a few dozen apps...

I suspect the DNS part killed or damaged some core Android SW, if that's even possible...

BECAUSE EVEN UNINSTALLING ADGUARD COMPLETELY, DOES NOT HELP ANYMORE.

Again:
Removing the Adguard Pro App WILL NOT SOLVE THE PROBLEM.
It just keeps happening with not a single apparant reason...
Reinstalling Adguard was futile too...

HOW CAN A DNS "REDIRECTOR" EVEN DESTROY THE OS ?

I'm baffled.
Mind you :
I do work in IT support myself (no development)...
Should help me...

IS THIS AN ONGOING / KNOWN ISSUE?

Pascal
Belgium

skzm

Seems like Samsung really doesn't want people to change their DNS settings on OneUI 3.1.

DNS protection on AdGuard slows down Wi-Fi and mobile data to a snail's pace, meanwhile none of the DNS changing apps on the Play Store work. I've come to accept that OneUI is just garbage for anyone who's a power user even in the slightest.

redswap

Some problem here. When using my cellular connection, adguard blocks everything
Had to uninstall.
Funny thing it worked perfectly with my Samsung Flip 3, but not in the Fold 4, even using the some app version.

recmacpara

I had to disable DNS Filtering for anything to connect. There was some network activity, but just little blips, and nothing on the phone nor on the tethered devices could connect.
(not using a samsung phone either)

cinnamoon

I also have the same problem. I keep getting notifications telling me I'm not connected to the internet on Twitter and Reddit but when I use the browser or Youtube my internet connection is working just fine. I have to keep turning the Adguard on and off and my phone's wifi and that rarely works. So I would just end up turning off the adguard whenever I use reddit or twitter. It's frustrating.